Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 83295 times)

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 11:41:36 PM »
SEO is an entire program catered to minorities whereas the job search isn't.  All I'm saying is it seems to be a relatively easy way to make a few dollars and get a foot in the doorway--if you are going to devote some of your time to working this summer anyway, might as well get the name on your resume.

Well, I was only going to work until June.  I'm going to JA in July for a couple of weeks and I want to go to Greece.  So I don't plan on really being here for the summer.  I just want to relax the summer before ls.

Oh thats fun.  Certainly more fun than my summer.  

The only thing I would say is in addition to the job opportunities they have made an attempt to integrate law school prep into the program including providing study aids etc.  While I tend to be skeptical of such programs the fact that you would be getting paid to get supplements/class materials/exam advice sounds great to me, but I have no idea how long the program is or if you'd be able to integrate these travel plans  

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 11:44:52 PM »
SEO is an entire program catered to minorities whereas the job search isn't.  All I'm saying is it seems to be a relatively easy way to make a few dollars and get a foot in the doorway--if you are going to devote some of your time to working this summer anyway, might as well get the name on your resume.

Well, I was only going to work until June.  I'm going to JA in July for a couple of weeks and I want to go to Greece.  So I don't plan on really being here for the summer.  I just want to relax the summer before ls.

Oh thats fun.  Certainly more fun than my summer. 

The only thing I would say is in addition to the job opportnities they have made an attempt to integrate law school prep into the program including providing study aids etc.  While I tend to be skeptical of such programs the fact that you would be getting paid to get supplements/class materials/exam advice sounds great to me, but I have no idea how long the program is or if you'd be able to integrate these travel plans  

THat's the main problem...in addition to the fact that I just want to be lazy before ls  ;D
Columbia 3L

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 12:05:21 AM »
"THat's the main problem...in addition to the fact that I just want to be lazy before ls"

Can't hate on that.  Enjoy it!   8)

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 12:23:08 AM »
I say work the summer before law school if that's what you're accustomed to doing with your summers.  If you're looking to get into the corporate world, do SEO.  A solid number of my 1L friends here at HLS did SEO and they already have offers to go back to their firms (and some to go to other firms) as a result.  Good deal.

If you're not sure about the firm route, may I suggest USDOJ for the summer before law school?

lacoste
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 09:57:54 AM »
I plan on working at my current job right up until law school, only taking 2-3 weeks off.  I've been working full time since June 05.  I also worked every summer in college with only a 2 week vacation during the summer and 1 week before school.  Is this a bad idea?  I don't really want to take tons of time off because I want to save as much money as possible because I plan to graduate debt free.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 10:01:27 AM »
If it's what you're used to, go ahead.  I'm a huge workaholic during the academic year (not next year, though), but I love me some vacation time 8).

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 10:06:06 AM »
If it's what you're used to, go ahead.  I'm a huge workaholic during the academic year (not next year, though), but I love me some vacation time 8).

Can't afford it  :P  My parents paid the tuition bills, my job was to work all summer to pay living expenses.  I didn't work during the school year, so that I (presumably) could devote my time to schoolwork.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 10:15:40 AM »
Makes sense.  It would be nice to take some time off before law school, though.  People hit the ground running full speed.  Especially if you go to a school with grades ;).

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 11:57:36 AM »
I plan on working at my current job right up until law school, only taking 2-3 weeks off.  I've been working full time since June 05.  I also worked every summer in college with only a 2 week vacation during the summer and 1 week before school.  Is this a bad idea?  I don't really want to take tons of time off because I want to save as much money as possible because I plan to graduate debt free.

I'd take a month off.  I believe in graduating debt free but you also don't want to run yourself ragged.

akattorney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My numbers!!
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006, 04:55:08 PM »
I had a GREAT time doing SEO this past summer.  I was one of the interns at Cleary