Law School Discussion

SEO Corporate Law Internship

Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »
For those who have already received an email for an interview, when did you submit your app?

Middle of December, a few days after the first round deadline.

« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
Silver Fox: Where are you interviewing?

DC. How about you?

tkm.

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »
DC as well

« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
what are the dates for the program?  it begins in the summer?

« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2008, 07:41:51 PM »
does anyone have any tips on preparing for the interview?  I heard that it was very hardcore last year.

« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »
does anyone have any tips on preparing for the interview?  I heard that it was very hardcore last year.

I would recommend watch all six Rocky movies, as often as you can.  Then find Eye of the Tiger by Survivor, put it on you Ipod and listen to it all the way to the interview.

Guaranteed that will pump you up.

Catherine Morland

• the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2008, 07:40:17 PM »

Mine was full of softball questions: how would former co-workers describe you? how do you deal with conflict in the workplace? what would you do if you don't receive any assignments for an extended period of time?  Know your resume backwards and forwards, they'll ask detailed questions. Also, they're really into "giving back" so come up with some examples of how you've done that in the past.

« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2008, 06:40:35 AM »
I am interviewing at the end of the month and I am very exctied. Nevertheless, I know that I am not attending a t14 school, but I have heard that this is key to landing the internship.

To those who have done the SEO Corporate Law Internship, what was the approximate ratio of interns that attended t14 law schools to those who did not?

Catherine Morland

• the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2008, 07:31:26 PM »
I am interviewing at the end of the month and I am very exctied. Nevertheless, I know that I am not attending a t14 school, but I have heard that this is key to landing the internship.

To those who have done the SEO Corporate Law Internship, what was the approximate ratio of interns that attended t14 law schools to those who did not?

appx. 45/50 were T14. appx. 15/50 Harvard, 20/50 NYU or Columbia.

« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2008, 06:22:40 AM »
For those that have interviewed with SEO already, how did the case question portion of the interview go? That is the part that I am most nervous about!  How did you go about preparing for it?