Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: on hold  (Read 2146 times)

stillwaiting

• View Profile
on hold
« on: February 24, 2004, 09:45:10 PM »
My app is on hold at american, and its a school i really would like to be able to consider. is there any additional info you think i can send in? i already have 3 letters...my stats are 3.87 gpa/159 lsat so i guess i am pretty borderline....is there anything i can do??

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: on hold
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 12:14:59 PM »
I don't think it can ever hurt to send a letter of interest to let them know that you really do want to go there and they're not just another school you happened to apply to.

Make sure the letter is perfect.  Here's a letter that kept me on a waiting list until the very last round (survived two cuts - but I eventually got a nice rejection suggesting I apply as a transfer - which I didn't do).

stillwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 05:13:34 PM »
thanks for your help! do you think its ok to send a letter even if i dont really have anything to update?

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 06:40:47 PM »
I think that it is perfectly fine to send a letter of intent to the school in order to reaffirm your wish to matriculate wit that law school, regardless of any updates.
SIDE NOTE: A letter is acceptable but do not badger the admissions committes with obsessive amounts of intent letters.  ;) Good Luck!
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

ruskiegirl

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 05:44:55 PM »
I just got waitlisted at Wake Forest with a 157/3.93.  If any of you guys got accepted there and don't want to go there, PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, send them the "thanks, but no thanks" letter.  I really want to go there.

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 11:15:48 PM »
Ruskiegirl:

Hey, I got wait listed with a 2.92/160 at Wake Forest. I really want to go there also. I'm a double major in philosophy and political science and a minor in history at UCSB. my email is e_oddo@msn.com. Get back to me if you know anyone who isn't going or have any info about the wait list.