Law School Discussion

-

Re: Dear Columbia,
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
i really cannot figure out what CLS admissions strategy is this cycle.  But, it must  be a response to the fact that they fell into a tie w/ NYU last year. i.e. they are somehow gaming the numbers.  oh well, its tough to tell from the outside looking in.

nerfco

• U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2007, 04:00:34 PM »
Put on "hold" at Columbia today, in a letter dated January 31. :(

Also rejected from Stanford, but that was assumed.

So, what can I do to maximize my chances of getting accepted into Columbia off of hold? Columbia is one of my top choices, if not my top choice (I need to visit these places).

4-1

• This year is THE year.. or maybe next year? :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2007, 04:39:48 PM »
Recieved Columbia admit email today.. no envelope yet, though. Guess mail to Canada is real slow.

I must say, it was a very pleasant surprise, nonetheless!

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2007, 04:42:52 PM »
Ah, count me in on the Columbia hold, too.

Are you freakin' serious?? WTH? <flabbergasted>

Alas, I'm oh-so-serious.

« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2007, 04:58:23 PM »
Seems like alot of us with strong numbers got put on "hold" at Columbia.  Dont know what the deal is

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2007, 05:22:04 PM »

Are you freakin' serious?? WTH? <flabbergasted>

Alas, I'm oh-so-serious.

Well, I'm sorry Brito, but not really, because I'm positive you're going to get into both C&C soon! And Harvard!!

Aww, thanks.  But if I do end up with C&C, I don't think it'll be too soon.

« Reply #246 on: February 06, 2007, 05:28:41 PM »
That is completely bizarre....

Not really, I had similar numbers and I was held too. If you search LSN there aren't many people w/ indexes above 4.4 that were held, but if you search the posts her on LSD there are quite a few. I guess most of us just aren't updating our LSN profiles w/ the Columbia hold news.

« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2007, 05:34:31 PM »

Oh no, not you too Brito! It seems like Columbia and Chicago are being very like-minded this cycle...many applicants that were put on hold by one are getting held by the other as well.

On another note, have you had your phone call w/ TStock yet? An acceptance from H would certainly take the sting out of these two deferrals.

I'm waiting for a Chitown deferral as well. If Columbia deferred me, it's looking more and more like Chicago will too.

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2007, 05:35:44 PM »

Oh no, not you too Brito! It seems like Columbia and Chicago are being very like-minded this cycle...many applicants that were put on hold by one are getting held by the other as well.

On another note, have you had your phone call w/ TStock yet? An acceptance from H would certainly take the sting out of these two deferrals.

I'm waiting for a Chitown deferral as well. If Columbia deferred me, it's looking more and more like Chicago will too.

Yes, I talked with him today.  And you're right about taking the sting out!  An H acceptance would certainly do the trick.  This is the first time in the cycle when Harvard has seemed like a plausible destination.  We'll see how the next week or so goes.

« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2007, 05:42:37 PM »
This has nothing to do with it... or does it?

(right click->view image)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is the funniest thing I've seen in A LONG TIME.