Law School Discussion

Rejections for Fall 2007

Re: Rejections for Fall 2007
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2007, 02:32:09 PM »
Got my first rejection yesterday. Goodbye UT, we could've been great together.  :'(

I knew it was coming, but it still stings a little.

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »
Dinged by NU today. 2.8/173, no WE or significant experience of any kind.  I was hoping for a wait list so I could try and sweet talk them into offering me a deferred admittance for 2008 while I got WE.  They must have been very unimpressed with my file.

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »
Hastings gave me a big fat NOPE.

1st rejection of the cycle.  Wasn't planning to attend regardless, but a ding is never fun.

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2007, 04:50:23 PM »
It seems strange to me that this thread is on page 7 and the acceptances thread is on page 91.
Are there really that few dings, or would this thread be as long if we layered the thread with condolences a la the Acceptance thread.

« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2007, 04:52:05 PM »
It seems strange to me that this thread is on page 7 and the acceptances thread is on page 91.
Are there really that few dings, or would this thread be as long if we layered the thread with condolences a la the Acceptance thread.

I'm sure it's a combination of the average LSDer gets more acceptances than dings, the lack of responses to a ding and also, the lack of posting dings.  People, I'm sure, are much more likely to post I GOT INTO... than I GOT DINGED AT...

Just a guess...

Data

• They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2007, 07:36:32 PM »

I'm sure it's a combination of the average LSDer gets more acceptances than dings, the lack of responses to a ding and also, the lack of posting dings.  People, I'm sure, are much more likely to post I GOT INTO... than I GOT DINGED AT...

Just a guess...

Heh, yeah no doubt.  No one wants to broadcast who rejected them!  I know I haven't posted all of mine and those I have are ones that I'm just so beside myself about.  Ok I'll say it, just plain pissed off with.   :D

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2007, 07:50:13 PM »

Just a guess...

Also rejections tend to come later in the cycle.  Those schools are still holding onto us debating if we're truly good enough to attend or not...

« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2007, 07:51:12 PM »

Just a guess...

Also rejections tend to come later in the cycle.  Those schools are still holding onto us debating if we're truly good enough to attend or not...

A very valid point I neglected.

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2007, 05:44:26 AM »
Does anyone else find it ironic that the REJECTIONS thread was started by non-other than the notorious DATA?
For those of you watching this board applying next year... START THE REJECTIONS THREAD it must be good Karma  :)

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2007, 03:53:14 PM »
BC.  I saw it coming a mile away.