Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejections for Fall 2007  (Read 34393 times)

rukiddin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rejections for Fall 2007
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »
Got my first rejection yesterday. Goodbye UT, we could've been great together.  :'(

I knew it was coming, but it still stings a little.

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2007, 11:50:16 PM »
Dinged by NU today. 2.8/173, no WE or significant experience of any kind.  I was hoping for a wait list so I could try and sweet talk them into offering me a deferred admittance for 2008 while I got WE.  They must have been very unimpressed with my file.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2007, 05:50:22 PM »
Hastings gave me a big fat NOPE.

1st rejection of the cycle.  Wasn't planning to attend regardless, but a ding is never fun.
USD 2010

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2007, 06:50:23 PM »
It seems strange to me that this thread is on page 7 and the acceptances thread is on page 91.
Are there really that few dings, or would this thread be as long if we layered the thread with condolences a la the Acceptance thread.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2007, 06:52:05 PM »
It seems strange to me that this thread is on page 7 and the acceptances thread is on page 91.
Are there really that few dings, or would this thread be as long if we layered the thread with condolences a la the Acceptance thread.

I'm sure it's a combination of the average LSDer gets more acceptances than dings, the lack of responses to a ding and also, the lack of posting dings.  People, I'm sure, are much more likely to post I GOT INTO... than I GOT DINGED AT...

Just a guess...

USD 2010

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2007, 09:36:32 PM »

I'm sure it's a combination of the average LSDer gets more acceptances than dings, the lack of responses to a ding and also, the lack of posting dings.  People, I'm sure, are much more likely to post I GOT INTO... than I GOT DINGED AT...

Just a guess...

Heh, yeah no doubt.  No one wants to broadcast who rejected them!  I know I haven't posted all of mine and those I have are ones that I'm just so beside myself about.  Ok I'll say it, just plain pissed off with.   :D
Yale 2010

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2007, 09:50:13 PM »

Just a guess...

Also rejections tend to come later in the cycle.  Those schools are still holding onto us debating if we're truly good enough to attend or not...
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2007, 09:51:12 PM »

Just a guess...

Also rejections tend to come later in the cycle.  Those schools are still holding onto us debating if we're truly good enough to attend or not...

A very valid point I neglected.
USD 2010

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2007, 07:44:26 AM »
Does anyone else find it ironic that the REJECTIONS thread was started by non-other than the notorious DATA?
For those of you watching this board applying next year... START THE REJECTIONS THREAD it must be good Karma  :)

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2007, 05:53:14 PM »
BC.  I saw it coming a mile away.
USD 2010