Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejections for Fall 2007  (Read 35157 times)

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
Re: Rejections for Fall 2007
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2007, 12:19:32 PM »
I want my Boalt rejection.  I received an email saying that my letter was sent...no call from the dean...so I'm out, but the email was on 16th...I want my rejection letter!

P.S. Rejected at USC

Oh they send you an email when they reach a decision?  Nice.   Well, on second thought I guess they don't provide a status checker that we can compulsively check- so that makes sense.
Yale 2010

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »
I want my Boalt rejection.  I received an email saying that my letter was sent...no call from the dean...so I'm out, but the email was on 16th...I want my rejection letter!

P.S. Rejected at USC

USC has started sending out the dings?
I guess I will be looking forward to my mailbox trip this evening.

maybe2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Doesn't get any better than early 90s tv
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2007, 09:11:14 AM »

P.S. Rejected at USC

USC has started sending out the dings?
I guess I will be looking forward to my mailbox trip this evening.

Yeah they sent it to my permanent address.  My mom said it was on nice letterhead  :)

P.S. Rejected at USC

Oh they send you an email when they reach a decision?  Nice.   Well, on second thought I guess they don't provide a status checker that we can compulsively check- so that makes sense.

Well they sent me an email saying that they put the wrong date on my decision letter.  But then they didn't give me any info about what the decision was...so now I must wait for the letter to get here from Cali.
In: RU-C($), Loyola, Nova, Temple ($$), AU, Emory, WUSTL ($$), NDLS ($$), Wake, Case, GULC (PT), Fordham, Cardozo, Mason (PT)
WL/Def: NU, Duke, UVA, W&L, UVA, BC
Out: UMich, NYU, Boalt, UC-Davis, HLS, UofChicago, Columbia, UWash

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=maybe2007

wannabe1

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2007, 05:41:57 AM »
My first decision ever is a ding from u-dub

stamped Feb 16th

received on the 28th

I'm not in the States

maybe2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Doesn't get any better than early 90s tv
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2007, 01:24:55 PM »
Out at Boalt, not suprised at all
In: RU-C($), Loyola, Nova, Temple ($$), AU, Emory, WUSTL ($$), NDLS ($$), Wake, Case, GULC (PT), Fordham, Cardozo, Mason (PT)
WL/Def: NU, Duke, UVA, W&L, UVA, BC
Out: UMich, NYU, Boalt, UC-Davis, HLS, UofChicago, Columbia, UWash

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=maybe2007

ari.ben.canaan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2007, 10:56:59 PM »
GULC, my first rejection :-\

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2007, 12:21:15 AM »
GULC, my first rejection :-\

Dude, amazing movie and even better book.  But that isn't Paul Newman! Blasphemy!

Sorry bout the ding >:(

ari.ben.canaan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2007, 01:41:13 AM »
Dude, amazing movie and even better book.  But that isn't Paul Newman! Blasphemy!

I've never actually seen the movie :) But now that you reminded me, I may go and rent it.

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2007, 02:36:51 AM »

I've never actually seen the movie :) But now that you reminded me, I may go and rent it.

I remember my mom showing it to my a number of times when I was younger. It's long but very good. I picked up the dvd at Amazon for like $7

ari.ben.canaan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »
I have read the book, though, so it's ok :)

Now back to the topic - I am now officially the person with the highest index number on LSN to be rejected by the elite law school of IU Bloomington. It wasn't about the numbers, obviously. They wanted to interview me in person (phone wasn't good enough) because they were "concerned" about my horrific record of traffic violations (speeding, shortcutting, and the like ;D ) and a whopping dismissed(!) minor misdemeanor case from the college times. I thought the request was at best idiotic, and declined to come. Frankly, I wasn't that much interested in them anyway (didn't like the school when I visited it in the fall).

The funny thing is, when I applied, they assured me that in no way would my record affect their decision making process. They said "it was just for the bar." Yeah right. Didn't believe them to begin with... but now I know for a fact they are liars, too.