Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just got accepted!, now what?  (Read 986 times)

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Just got accepted!, now what?
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:25:48 PM »
Nov 28, 2006

I GOT ADMITTED TO LA VERNE LAW SCHOOL.

I am so excited. Some positive news finally.

I want to thank all of you for the advice and encouragement.

Some Questions now:

A) I am still waiting to recieve my offical letter in the mail but I was wondering how do I go about asking for $?. I don't want to sound greedy, but I definately could use some sort of financial help. How do I go about asking the school for money without sounding like a jerk? Also, for fafsa, do I just go on the website and fill out the form or am I to late for that?

B)I am starting january 8th, for part time evening. What are some things I can do from now till then to prepare myself?

C) I am going part time because i have to work. I have financial responsibilites. Is it possible to work full time or should I cut back to part time? I want to transition easily and focus on school as much as possible.

D) Lets say I want to switch to full time in the fall. Is it possible? If so, how difficult is it to accomplish?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am just one excited guy right now!  :D

daGCHILD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Just got accepted!, now what?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:01:45 PM »
A.  I dont know

B.  Not sure

C.  Well, if your main focus is school, then I would suggest working part time, or start or working full time and see if you can handle it, if not, switch back to part-time then.

D. As far as I know, most schools will not allow you to switch from part time to full time, but will allow you to switch from full time to part time. Call La Verne.

How were you notified btw?

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:07:11 PM »
A.  I dont know

B.  Not sure

C.  Well, if your main focus is school, then I would suggest working part time, or start or working full time and see if you can handle it, if not, switch back to part-time then.

D. As far as I know, most schools will not allow you to switch from part time to full time, but will allow you to switch from full time to part time. Call La Verne.

As far as I know, this is patently untrue.

daGCHILD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:17:48 PM »
A.  I dont know

B.  Not sure

As far as I know, this is patently untrue.

Maybe I should clarify.  What I meant was that it you were admitted as a full time student, you can switch to part time BEFORE classes begin with some sort of deadline.  Admissions from La Verne told me this. Since I wasnt sure if I'd be working during law school, I asked to see which program to apply for, and they said that if your not sure you should aply to full time and if you want to switch, you can. The reason for this is that at most schools, its easier to get into part time than full time, so if you get admitted for full time, your ok to go to part time.

Don Corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 08:39:33 PM »
Congrats - You're now definitely going to law school!

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 09:00:20 PM »
Congrats - You're now definitely going to law school!

Thanks.  8)

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:31:47 AM »

Thanks for the tip.

I have an appointment with dean of admissions next weds. Ill ask her about scholarships then.