Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Interesting poll data on AA and a couple racial issues.  (Read 2847 times)

annab

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will not pay taxes for war, thank you very much
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting poll data on AA and a couple racial issues.
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 08:04:42 PM »
So?

It's funny.  Fifty years ago, whenever the issue of segregation reached the ballots in the south, people supported it.

I wasn't trying to prove that affirmative action is right or wrong based on the % of people that support/oppose it. I was merely trying to dispel the myth on this board that affirmative action programs are popular in the United States. They are mostly popular among groups that benefit from them.

And their absence is popular among those groups that benefit from their absence, no?  :)

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »
So?

It's funny.  Fifty years ago, whenever the issue of segregation reached the ballots in the south, people supported it.

I wasn't trying to prove that affirmative action is right or wrong based on the % of people that support/oppose it. I was merely trying to dispel the myth on this board that affirmative action programs are popular in the United States. They are mostly popular among groups that benefit from them.

Which is why I told you to read.  This is not at all the prevalent view on this board.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

JTG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 05:22:00 AM »
So?

Which is why I told you to read.  This is not at all the prevalent view on this board.

Ahh, I see, large.