Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: its been quiet this week...a little too quiet...  (Read 901 times)

gater

its been quiet this week...a little too quiet...
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:08:59 PM »
i know there have been some more acceptances from gtown, mich, duke and a few schools (fordham) who started making decisions BUT... it seems like the craziness of the last few weeks has died down a little.  This might just be me starting to crack under the pressure and boredom of the waiting game (very possible) but I am wondering what the next big event will be.  What schools are due to begin giving acceptances soon.  Any bets on when ED decisions will be mailed out by the various top 20 schools.  Waiting= me going nuts so throw me a bone people: let the predictions for and analysis of this cycle (so far atleast) begin.

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
Re: its been quiet this week...a little too quiet...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:10:33 PM »
I bet the thanksgiving vacation has something to do with it.  Some admissions offices too the whole week off, so they wouldnt be sending anything out until monday at the earliest anyway.
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

chewy06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 10:11:28 PM »
I would assume letters got sent out on Monday and will arrive Wednesday-Friday.

I know Richmond is sending out letters this week, via phone call from Dean.

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 10:13:26 PM »
I think there will be a lot of acceptances that come out 12/01 -- Friday so we probably won't know about them till monday if they go in the mail.

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 11:18:10 PM »
There is always calm before the storm. Let's just hope it rains down acceptances not rejections.
A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 11:26:36 PM »
as i remember the 2nd wk of december is a wild ride  :)

that's what i would have guessed. lots of schools have ED deadlines of dec 15th (or GULC's very strange december 12th). Even those that don't are probably trying to clear their queue to get ready for the onslaught of the peak application time.

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 11:34:55 PM »
as i remember the 2nd wk of december is a wild ride  :)

Woo hoo! Right at my peak exam time. Just what I need  ::) It's not like I don't already procrastinate enough (LSD, status checkers) without feeling the need to check every 10 seconds to see if the mailman has decided to deliver my mail! I mean, at least now I only gaze expectantly at the mailbox as I come home in the afternoon.
A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!

gater

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 12:04:19 AM »
2nd week is a wild ride? hahaha this is gonna be a long week and a half.  Waiting for emails/snail mail is mind numbing.  especially since by school's mail room feels like filling our boxes at different times each day, and most often two or three times a day...i check my box atleast twice daily. 

mufich

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 12:09:30 AM »
Agreed. I'm wondering what to do about winter break... I'll be out of my house for around 3 weeks, which means I can either 1) forward my mail home and hope things don't get lost/take forever in the shuffle, or 2) just wait until JANUARY for the schools that don't email.

Boooooo
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=mufich

Pete Carroll (Attending): Northwestern!
Dwayne Jarrett (Accepted): GULC, HLS, Boalt, Northwestern $$, NYU, UCLA, UVA $$, CLS, UChicago $$
Brady Quinn (Deferred): UPenn
Charlie Weis (Rejected):

Still Waiting: Stanford, Michigan

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 12:13:14 AM »
in addition to the EA and ED stuff around the 15th, a bunch of people were accepted at W&M and GW around the 10th last year.

Agreed. I'm wondering what to do about winter break... I'll be out of my house for around 3 weeks, which means I can either 1) forward my mail home and hope things don't get lost/take forever in the shuffle, or 2) just wait until JANUARY for the schools that don't email.

Boooooo

For what it is worth, I am pretty sure the BC letters are sent to permanent addresses on the 15th, no matter what dates you gave them for school address use.  Maybe other schools do this.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...