Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deferred  (Read 2579 times)

austinite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Deferred
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 12:47:34 PM »
I don't have a full ride at st mary's like one person said, and there were no errors on my application. I have looked over it one hundred times. UT is my number one choice, by far.

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 12:55:02 PM »
I don't have a full ride at st mary's like one person said, and there were no errors on my application. I have looked over it one hundred times. UT is my number one choice, by far.

In that case, I'd just wait patiently and not be a bother and your delayed acceptance will probably come in the mail in a few months. It sucks, but if it is your first choice, it'll be worth it when it comes.

Also, VERY good chance I'll be going there too (given in-state tuition) so I may see you there.

Not saying you ARE a bother, I just think some applicants have a way of calling up admissions offices all too often.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison

heatherm

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 01:10:48 PM »
I also received the "Your application is being held" e-mail today.  UT is/was my first choice, but I realized going into it that my LSAT score was a little low (164, 3.95).  I am in-state, so I thought that would help.  Guess I'll just wait and see...  :-\

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 01:58:13 PM »
i'm not sure. i'd be interested to see the actual breakdown of it. While out of state applicants might generally be "more" qualified, the yield percent is way lower than those from in state. On LSN it was something like 8% of people who got accepted to UT out of state went whereas 40% went to UT in state.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 02:02:03 PM »
I personally feel it was a miracle I was even moved to the regular applicant pool.  Compared to everyone else defered on LSN, my numbers are definetly lower.  Surely being in-state can't make that much of a difference?

where'd you find that fancy new 'tar?

austinite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 03:10:47 PM »

In that case, I'd just wait patiently and not be a bother and your delayed acceptance will probably come in the mail in a few months. It sucks, but if it is your first choice, it'll be worth it when it comes.

Also, VERY good chance I'll be going there too (given in-state tuition) so I may see you there.

Not saying you ARE a bother, I just think some applicants have a way of calling up admissions offices all too often.
I'm definitely not going to be calling them up and bothering them.  I will send them updated transcripts and an updated resume after this semester, so hopefully that will help.  I've been deferred, it stinks, but UT is my number one and I'll just be hoping that I get accepted during the regular applicant cycle!

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 04:03:25 PM »
You're doing the right thing. Keep your chin up, it will turn out fine.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison

x

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »
Just as an FYI.

2 years ago my daughter did EA/ED at UT.  They deferred her to regular admission.  She did not hear from them again until March - on the wait list.  She called the admin office - they had not taken anyone from the wait list for the past 3 years.

3.76/164/InState - with these numbers, 2 years ago, her chances were 50/50 of being accepted.  Hopefully things have changed for the better in the past 2 years.

Nart

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 04:52:53 AM »
If you guys look on UT's website it says that applying ED won't give you an advantage over the regular applicants. Plus they'll defer some to make it fair for the regular applicants.

http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/admissions/application/faqs.html

austin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 10:07:14 AM »
I'm definitely not going to be calling them up and bothering them.  I will send them updated transcripts and an updated resume after this semester, so hopefully that will help.  I've been deferred, it stinks, but UT is my number one and I'll just be hoping that I get accepted during the regular applicant cycle!

Gee, I hope you have better luck with the regular cycle.

::good vibes::