Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deferred  (Read 2574 times)

austinite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Deferred
« on: November 28, 2006, 08:23:19 AM »
Just got the email from UT deferring my application to the regular applicant pool. Takes the wind out of me.

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
Re: Deferred
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 09:18:58 AM »
Awww I'm sorry, but at least it wasn't a rejection!!
A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!

redacted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 09:34:02 AM »
Sorry about that... in state or out of state? 

austinite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 09:49:05 AM »
in state  >:(

DLish

• sportsagentblog.com
    • View Profile
    • I Want to be a Sports Agent
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 10:32:45 AM »
received that e-mail too...around midnight.

lovely

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 10:55:32 AM »
Just got the email from UT deferring my application to the regular applicant pool. Takes the wind out of me.

oh goodness. i'm so sorry! I imagine i'll be joining you in the deferred (or worse) category soon then. when did you all apply/have your report requested?

Again, i'm really sorry. i hope the regular pool is kinder. I can't believe they'd reject a 3.89 with a 165 in state. I wonder if there actually is institutional bias at UT (despite what they write)

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 12:05:43 PM »
that doesn't bode well for splitters

/no email as of yet,
but i'm sure gonna get smu in ed now

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 12:06:21 PM »
Looking at LSN, it seems that everyone deferred either has GPA/LSAT below the median (which is 3.6/166) or is a yield protect deferral (no ties to the state, both #s above 75%).

Maybe because of the new dean and the fact that UT median and 25% each rose a point last year, UT is trying to up their stats again and deferring everyone who is not above their median on both GPA and LSAT?  I would think once they run out of auto-admits they'll start taking splitters.

Agree with that. Sit tight for a bit and you'll probably be fine. They are probably just trying to accept well above their 50-75%s for now. As the months pass, you'll probably get an acceptance. AT THE SAME TIME, do what demingh said and look over your application to make sure you didn't make any egregious errors.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 12:08:47 PM »
Looking at LSN, it seems that everyone deferred either has GPA/LSAT below the median (which is 3.6/166) or is a yield protect deferral (no ties to the state, both #s above 75%).

Maybe because of the new dean and the fact that UT median and 25% each rose a point last year, UT is trying to up their stats again and deferring everyone who is not above their median on both GPA and LSAT?  I would think once they run out of auto-admits they'll start taking splitters.

Agree with that. Sit tight for a bit and you'll probably be fine. They are probably just trying to accept well above their 50-75%s for now. As the months pass, you'll probably get an acceptance. AT THE SAME TIME, do what demingh said and look over your application to make sure you didn't make any egregious errors.

or....
you could take one for the team and withdraw your app and take that full ride to st mary's

/just sayin'

Cube Farmer

• Sr. Citizen
  • The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »
My application went complete in early October. I have not heard a word since. I really have no chance of getting in with my numbers though. I was not deferred, and certainly not accepted, so my rejection should be here soon enough.
In: Texas Tech ($), Tulsa ($$$); South Texas ($); Baylor; SMU
Waitlist: Oklahoma; Houston; Denver
Rejection: Texas; Georgetown; Harvard; Colorado; Northwestern; ASU;