Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale 1L taking questions, because I've been told it's the thing to do  (Read 4182 times)

curly

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
And I don't want to write my brief.

Also, I assume Alci and Mobell (who runs this entire school ;)) will drop by and answer whatever I don't actually know, which is probably a whole lot.

Red's "The Official Crush of LSD" Award Recipient.

Also, "Hottest Roommate" Award. I'm now prestigious by association.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=lgirl

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Yale 1L taking questions, because I've been told it's the thing to do
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 11:52:21 PM »

Also, I assume Alci and Mobell (who runs this entire school ;)) will drop by and answer whatever I don't actually know, which is probably a whole lot.

I would ask questions, but I'm afraid I'll like the answers and get too hopeful.

Hmmm, I'll just think of matters about which I am generally curious...  What color is the flooring in the hallways?

And what kinds of trees are around the building?

I want to know.

Okay, I'll stop being silly... what's the brief on?  Can you share?  I'm seriously curious.
Harvard 2010

JTG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 11:56:11 PM »

I would ask questions, but I'm afraid I'll like the answers and get too hopeful.

Hmmm, I'll just think of matters about which I am generally curious...  What color is the flooring in the hallways?

And what kinds of trees are around the building?

I want to know.

I love that you list Facebook officer as one of your softs on LSN. I need a little levity right now. :)

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 11:57:01 PM »

I love that you list Facebook officer as one of your softs on LSN. I need a little levity right now. :)

All of my LSN EC's are real.  Including the cookies.
Harvard 2010

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 11:59:13 PM »

I'm not at all surprised to hear this about Mobell, but it pleases me immensely to see confirmation.  This can only mean good things for YLS.

I hope you're doing well, Curly!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Chef Gordon Ramsay

• Sr. Citizen
  • shut it down!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CSzabla
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 01:00:29 AM »
What happens when all those superhuman Yale acceptees are together? Do they produce fluently collaborative mountains of rhetorically brilliant commentary on the apotheosis of divine Truth? Or do they battle one another for overachivement dominance like the clash between the Cthonic and Titanic gods?
Signature Dish: Harvard
Succulent: Columbia, NYU, Penn, Duke, Georgetown, BC, BU, Fordham, GWU
Sent Back: Chicago, Yale
Lukewarm: Michigan

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 01:03:13 AM »
What happens when all those superhuman Yale acceptees are together? Do they produce fluently collaborative mountains of rhetorically brilliant commentary on the apotheosis of divine Truth? Or do they battle one another for overachivement dominance like the clash between the Cthonic and Titanic gods?

Fluently collaborative? 
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

Chef Gordon Ramsay

• Sr. Citizen
  • shut it down!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CSzabla
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 01:12:17 AM »
...by which I meant perfect and undivisive. But yeah. Can I blame caffeine deficiency and get away with that one?

And this is why I'm not getting into Yale anyway...
Signature Dish: Harvard
Succulent: Columbia, NYU, Penn, Duke, Georgetown, BC, BU, Fordham, GWU
Sent Back: Chicago, Yale
Lukewarm: Michigan

curly

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 09:42:28 AM »
Brit: You know, I've never looked at the floor. I think it's some kind of slippery, non-wood thing, because I've seen a few of my less coordination-gifted "friends" (read, me) almost bite it on rainy days, several times. I know the walls are wood and stone. Really pretty, actually.

Kinds of trees? Uh...currently bare, non-leafy ones. There are some nice big ones in the courtyard, but I couldn't possibly tell you their names. :-/.

My brief is actually pretty interesting. It's on a ConLaw case that's currently in front of SCOTUS about Equal Protection and affirmative action. Our small group Prof. got us seats to go see the oral argument in D.C. It's actually kind of exciting. Now, if I could only get myself to write the damn thing...

Miss P: I have yet to join any decently well-known Yale organization that Mobell is not either running or a key member of. It's kind of funny. She's superhuman.

CJS: What happens when they get together? They female dog and moan about their non-graded work, and then they go drinking. :P

Red's "The Official Crush of LSD" Award Recipient.

Also, "Hottest Roommate" Award. I'm now prestigious by association.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=lgirl

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 09:47:31 AM »
My brief is actually pretty interesting. It's on a ConLaw case that's currently in front of SCOTUS about Equal Protection and affirmative action. Our small group Prof. got us seats to go see the oral argument in D.C. It's actually kind of exciting. Now, if I could only get myself to write the damn thing...

Yes, that does sound exciting!  How long will the brief be? 
Harvard 2010