Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ACD?  (Read 536 times)

ladylegal

• My darling foxie...
    • View Profile
ACD?
« on: November 26, 2006, 03:12:51 PM »
Some schools ask specifically if you have ever been arrested, for those schools I wrote an addendum. Other schools ask if you have ever been convicted technically not I received ACD (ajournment in contemplation of dismissal) so the case was dimissed and sealed. I went to a law school forum and they stressed full disclosure, I'm wondering if I should attach the addendum to every application just to be cautious. Or should I use the play on words and send it to schools that specifically ask if I have ever been arrested?

Any thoughts?

Also I made the addendum short and to the point. I didn't want to go on and on about something many of the adcomm members I spoke to at the forum referred to as not being a big deal? Should I make a story out of it or keep it short and sweet. Keep in mind I already have a ps and a diversity essay.
The cause of freedom is not the cause of a race or a sect, a party or a class--it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity.
--Anna Julia Cooper

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: ACD?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 03:15:38 PM »
I'm thinking damage control here, it doesn't sound like your issue is too serious, thus disclosing it will probably not have much negative effect. The negative effect of withholding it and in the off-chance that they find out / check for themselves would probably be instant rejection.

But the simplest solution of all; call the admissions office and ask.