Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Logical Reasoning Tips?  (Read 1062 times)

cs_rudy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Best Logical Reasoning Tips?
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 01:14:19 PM »
Another tip, though rather obvious, is to be intimately familiar with each question type, and what you must look for in the stimulus to answer the question. Aggregated, this saves a ton of time.

asdfjkl;

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 04:42:20 PM »
Weird, I was thinking about starting a "post your own random LR tip" thread yesterday.

The question stem "which one of the following is MOST STRONGLY SUPPORTED" is somewhat different from a "must be true" question in that something thats strongly supported doesn't HAVE to be true, it just has to be the AC that's most strongly supported. I took PS, but I hear that in TM they even categorize this as a sub-category of MBT.

note whether argument is valid or invalid. (this really helps in parallel reasoning questions)

I think PR question stems will say whether an argument is valid or invalid...

cs_rudy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 01:09:25 AM »
tag

LawGiver

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 03:50:25 AM »
ASSUPMPTION QUESTIONS!!! Negate and Weaken! Take any contenders, negate them and see which one weakens the argument the most. This has been a tip that helps me fly through questions

JUSTIFY QUESTIONS!!! Add each contender to the conclusion and see which one strengthens the argument 100%. If it doesn't, don't choose it!

MUST BE TRUE QUESTIONS!!! Check your contenders with the info in the passage. Make sure you can prove it using the info in the stimulus. If you can't, don't pick it. Stay away from answers that you think would work just because it sounds logical!

Do you guys skip a question if you can't figure it out rather quickly? I finish with 30 seconds left every time because I get caught up on two or three question that hold me there for 2 minutes a piece. Sux

is this mentioned in the LRB?

thestradgirl

• LSD Obsessed
  • where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 10:28:02 AM »
ASSUPMPTION QUESTIONS!!! Negate and Weaken! Take any contenders, negate them and see which one weakens the argument the most. This has been a tip that helps me fly through questions

JUSTIFY QUESTIONS!!! Add each contender to the conclusion and see which one strengthens the argument 100%. If it doesn't, don't choose it!

MUST BE TRUE QUESTIONS!!! Check your contenders with the info in the passage. Make sure you can prove it using the info in the stimulus. If you can't, don't pick it. Stay away from answers that you think would work just because it sounds logical!

Do you guys skip a question if you can't figure it out rather quickly? I finish with 30 seconds left every time because I get caught up on two or three question that hold me there for 2 minutes a piece. Sux

is this mentioned in the LRB?

yes.
this guy
------------------------------
I say that good painters imitated nature; but that bad ones vomited it.

Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616)