Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYU Scholarships?  (Read 28900 times)

FunkyzeitmitBruno

• Sr. Citizen
  • please fire this man
    • View Profile
Re: NYU Scholarships?
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »
Apparently NYU wasn't kidding about UP TO FULL TUITION when describing their Academic Scholar's Program.

I just got the IP Award...but the joke's on me. The award is just 25k over 3 years.

Edit: Clearly eliminating the interview process means this "program" is just tacking on a name to a no-named award. Oh yeah, they're giving me a shorter deadline to respond too (April 11th vs. May 4th).

bonkers1234

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2007, 03:16:11 PM »
boo... ok can we discuss how I think i just foreited my right to the IILJ even I were to get it, which nobody on this board seems to have even been a finalist for? the admissions office told me that if i wanted to defer a year i'd have to request to do so NOW NOW NOW. and so i did, and i just found out, they are letting me take a year off WHICH IS GREAT... but now I don't know if I'm sitll eligible for the scholarship!?!?!? ugh. anyone know how this works?

i know for gtown, if they give me a year off they just take me out of the admitted pile and i just have to completely reapply for aid next year... but i dunno how NYU does it.

Pink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2007, 03:21:50 PM »
boo... ok can we discuss how I think i just foreited my right to the IILJ even I were to get it, which nobody on this board seems to have even been a finalist for? the admissions office told me that if i wanted to defer a year i'd have to request to do so NOW NOW NOW. and so i did, and i just found out, they are letting me take a year off WHICH IS GREAT... but now I don't know if I'm sitll eligible for the scholarship!?!?!? ugh. anyone know how this works?

i know for gtown, if they give me a year off they just take me out of the admitted pile and i just have to completely reapply for aid next year... but i dunno how NYU does it.

I remember reading somewhere that the named scholarships cannot be deferred, and to apply only during the year you intend to enroll.  I tried to find the link for you, but nada.  Also, I'm pretty sure this was in relation to either the IP scholarship and/or the AnBryce.  not sure if it applies to IILJ.
HLS '10

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »

I remember reading somewhere that the named scholarships cannot be deferred, and to apply only during the year you intend to enroll.  I tried to find the link for you, but nada.  Also, I'm pretty sure this was in relation to either the IP scholarship and/or the AnBryce.  not sure if it applies to IILJ.
The AnBryce is deferable, I asked

Pink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »

The AnBryce is deferable, I asked

Cool, it might be the IP scholarship then, or I'm just totally making stuff up  :).
HLS '10

kirsten11235

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2007, 10:44:23 AM »
I am a bit confused why people are already hearing about the financial aid offers, the website specifically states that the notification for NYU financial aid will begin on April 5th.  They also said it a number of times during the admitted students day weekend.   The notification for named scholarships should begin mid April.  So the fact that some people are hearing about the offers already seems weird.

Also how did you hear about the offer…mail/email/phone call?

Whoday

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2007, 11:40:51 AM »
I am a bit confused why people are already hearing about the financial aid offers, the website specifically states that the notification for NYU financial aid will begin on April 5th.  They also said it a number of times during the admitted students day weekend.   The notification for named scholarships should begin mid April.  So the fact that some people are hearing about the offers already seems weird.

I got an e-mail notifying me that there had been an update to my financial aid application. It then linked to the financial aid website which had a letter notifying me of my award.

ouchitburns

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »
the fin. aid officer said that she would be trying to get fin. aid decisions out earlier than the 5th. hopefully, over the weekend.

ImpactPlayer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »

I got an e-mail notifying me that there had been an update to my financial aid application. It then linked to the financial aid website which had a letter notifying me of my award.

I got an email, same as whoday.  I wouldn't worry too much about NYU's dates, they never seem to be able to stick to them anyway.  They're probably just starting to send out the offers a little early.  Did you finish the financial aid application early, whoday?  I think I did it on the first possible day, which is probably why I got my offer this early.

kirsten11235

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »
I just received the award package …. It is nothing compared to what other schools gave me.  I received a full scholarship from Northwestern and NYU gave me 37,000.  Does anyone know if people have been successful negotiating higher packages from NYU?  By the way I have already told them about my Northwestern award.