Law School Discussion

NYU Scholarships?

JuanTwoThree

• Arnold is numero uno
    • View Profile
Re: NYU Scholarships?
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »
Got an email saying I'm a finalist for the Intellectual Property Scholarship.

This year, they aren't doing interviews for this particular program. Just going to notify applicants in mid-April. Worries me a bit, basically they are just going to analyze mine and everyone else's 500 word essay for a month (again, since they already reviewed them to make finalist choices).

Do you know the likelihood of a finalist receiving some financial assistance?

jalong

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2007, 04:34:12 PM »
ok so im just going to assume that *no one* got an interview for the international law and justice program? how could no one on this board get an interview...

confused but relieved.

That's the thing, it seems like there are so few people who got called for academic scholars program interviews that there must be more coming.

you guys realize that nobody gets interviewed for the IILJ scholarship, right?  it's just the essay.

My discontent is more in regard to the academic scholars programs.  I wish I could at least get an email that says, sorry, you're out.  Or even a Corleone-like kiss on the cheek, to let me know that I broke their hearts.

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »
Anyone know how much need-based aid NYU gives out?

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2007, 06:47:08 AM »
ok so im just going to assume that *no one* got an interview for the international law and justice program? how could no one on this board get an interview...

confused but relieved.

That's the thing, it seems like there are so few people who got called for academic scholars program interviews that there must be more coming.

you guys realize that nobody gets interviewed for the IILJ scholarship, right?  it's just the essay.

wait-- how do you know this? are you a finalist? still, no one i know of on this site has been contacted as a finalist.... you think there's still a chance they're not done with that stuff?

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2007, 09:36:34 AM »
no, that email that went out a few weeks ago specifically referred to "finalists" as being encouraged to come that weeekend. interesting...

Electric Counterpoint

• Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2007, 09:14:05 PM »

confused but relieved.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything and I was sorta kinda hopeful for a finalist nod. I definitely can't be at the ASW this weekend, so my odds weren't good anyway, but still -- shoot.

Makes the decision easier, I guess.

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2007, 11:24:03 AM »
Well I got my financial offer from NYU today:

I got the Dean's Award scholarship which ends up totaling $62,500 unless I do public interest my 2L summer, which would net me $75,000 total.

Other than that I got the full $20,500 in stafford loans but no grants or anything else.  I need to take out $15,000+ in private loans. 

Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2007, 11:36:41 AM »
Well I got my financial offer from NYU today:

I got the Dean's Award scholarship which ends up totaling $62,500 unless I do public interest my 2L summer, which would net me $75,000 total.

Other than that I got the full $20,500 in stafford loans but no grants or anything else.  I need to take out $15,000+ in private loans. 

Pretty good, but that offer does not even hold a candle to what Stanford gave you!  Nice job on the money front, btw.

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2007, 11:37:23 AM »
still that's pretty freaking awesome! congrats! i'm really hoping to get even a fraction of that...

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2007, 11:43:46 AM »
Thanks, it's a great offer and it's just shocking to me.  It really can't compete with Stanford's though because the rest of my estimated cost at Stanford is covered by federal loans.  I don't have to take out any private loans, which is really nice.