Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bad News on thanksgiving eve  (Read 9047 times)

sunshine rainbows

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bad News on thanksgiving eve
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2007, 03:16:12 AM »
good to see lsdreamer finding another thread to troll for TJ.  For someone who is just out "to tell her own story" sure have to read to a whole lot of threads with the "help me convince myself I didn't make a huge mistake" or "let me take others down with me" themes.

Welcome back, sir.

not gonna stay long.  she needs some help and it is clear reality won't do the job.

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »
Everyone told me I wouldn't have a shot at most schools that I applied to with my numbers. So far, I am doing well.

Thomas jefferson- Accepted w/scholarship
La Verne- accepted w/scholarship

Western State- Rejected ( Bizaree because TJ is supposed to be way harder to get into)

Chapman- MY reach. WAITLISTED..  All the admission calculators said I had no chance. In fact, I forgot which one, but one calculator said I have .01 chance. Most that I talked said I have no chance and why waste my app fee? Because I believe I had a chance. Looks like chapman sees something positive in me not to reject me right away atleast. I know, waitlists are tough to get off of.

Any recommendations on what I can do to increase my chances of getting off waitlist?

Send:
1) Letter of Continued Interest
2) Updated grades/Resume/Anything updateable
3) Additional Letter of Rec.
4) A writing sample (if they'll take it).

Congrats on a nice cycle.

Thank you!

Will do that. Does anyone know the (percentile)chance one has when placed on waitlist? I know its tough to put an exact number on it, I was just curious.

QUESTION: Is it better to be waitlisted than deferred? I was told being waitlisted means they see strength in you as a candidate but deferral means that they do not feel you are a strong candidate for the term you applied for. Is this correct?

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2007, 05:24:14 PM »

QUESTION: Is it better to be waitlisted than deferred? I was told being waitlisted means they see strength in you as a candidate but deferral means that they do not feel you are a strong candidate for the term you applied for. Is this correct?

no
deferral means that they want to see your application against their larger applicant pool (it mostly happens to people who apply very early).  WL means your numbers are lower than those that they are shooting for at that point in time, but that as the picture changes when admits begin to matriculate they may need some people to fill out their class.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2007, 03:32:10 AM »
4/6/07

Accepted to Whittier.

I am suprised based on the fact that so many people told me I had no shot. In fact, I am below there 25% in both g.p.a and Lsat.

Conclusion: If you believe in yourself, and you are willing to put the time and energy into a cause, it can and will happen.

I know far bigger challenges await me.

So now I have a decision to make.

Thomas Jefferson   Vs  La Verne    Vs Whittier           

What do you guys think?

La Verne is where my heart is and I really see it as a school on the up and up and it has a pretty good local rep.

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2007, 01:17:50 AM »
*BUMP

I will be attending La Verne this fall and I am excited. Is there any members of this forum who attend this school? Please Pm me, id love to talk with current students, alumni, or propspective students . Thanks in advance,

GOODLUCK to all the Incoming 1L's this year