Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bad News on thanksgiving eve  (Read 9108 times)

lmh15

• View Profile
Re: Bad News on thanksgiving eve
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2006, 03:04:51 PM »
Im not dumb! Or mean.  Tear.  :'(
"World Cup" (accepted): Notre Dame, DePaul, Loyola-Chicago
"Eliminated": (rejected)
"Qualifying Round" (waitlist)
"Off season": (applied) UChicago, UIUC, Kent

hereshopin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2006, 06:59:54 PM »
"That is so meanspirited and unnecessary that I cannot believe I'm even acknowledging it with a reply. Assuming you intend to be a practicing attorney, "you are exactly why" attorneys have a public image problem"

Not so. Attorneys have an image problem because they are relegated to ambulance chasing blood suckers because the labor market is flooded with talentless idiots. Attorneys aren't often regarded as "mean" but as dishonest and blood-thirsty, willing to do anything to make a buck. Why do you think this is the case? Itís because there is not enough legitimate work to go around. Thus, every line of every contract is forced to be scrutinized because firms can hire worthless idiot attorneys from any TTT to do the work. Then, client companies are forced to hire their own TTT army to protect themselves. What do you have? You have a hoard of idiots from TTTs doing Doc-Review for $35K a year... Many don't like the work and pursue "ambulance chasing" or similar less than savory methods of acquiring work. All because idiots with no business practicing law flood TTTs and then flood the labor market.

That my friend is why lawyers have an image problem - Blame it on the OP, not me.

I'd rest easier at night knowing that there was a seemingly nice guy who attended a low tier law school out there in place of a feminine hygiene product who took the time out of his day to rag on others while conveniently neglecting to put forth his own numbers/school.
DeVry Tech '10

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2006, 01:35:57 AM »
"They have installed in me that I indeed, have positives that would benefit any law school."

Not only is your modesty (or lack thereof) painful, you appear to have the language skills of my hamster. You are exactly why TTT schools have the reputation they do. People who attend crap schools always complain about how they can't find a job or that they make $35K a year. Seriously, the only person you're going to benefit is Sallie Mae. HTH.

GunnerGuy,

The message I posted above was a quick little note I put together from work. I am not supposed to be on the internet at work so I really have no time to re-read my posts or critique my language skills when I type a message in a minute.

I have encountered you're kind many times in my life.

You fear me because I have something you don't. Heart.

All my life, I have heard I would not succeed.

In highschool, I was told I would not be able to get into a good college because of my highschools reputation.

I busted my ass, graduated with honors, top 5% of my class. Then I was offered a full academic scholarship to one of the top UC's in southern california. But yeah, thats highschool, everyone does well there right?

In college, I was told I would fail. I entered as a pre-med major. Relentless, I worked hard and made the dean's list numerous times. The doubt continued.

After realizing that the medical profession was not for me, I switched paths. I started my journey into law.
I was told I wasted my life and 2 years of my life for nothing and I would not graduate in time.

I ended up graduating right on schedule, while working two full time jobs. I made the deans list during this time as well.

Then came the Lsat. After getting a low score on my initial attempt, I was told I was destined for failure. No ABA approved school would have anything to do with me. I was told to give up my dream and I wasn't cut out for the legal profession.

I re-took the lsat, and while I did not improve to the level I had been practicing at for months, It was a 25 percintile increase.

I would soon gain acceptance into a couple of 4th tier aba approved schools whom in my opinion, are great schools.
The doubt would continue... I am doomed to make $30,000 out of school. I will be miserable for the rest of my life.

Gunnerguy, you, like the rest of those who have continued to doubt me for my entire life, serve a purpose. The world needs pompous assh-les.

Keep telling me I will not succeed. Keep telling me I will fail. I do not fear failure. I have experienced it, learned from it, and overcome it. Law school will be no different. I will succeed.

pazzo83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2006, 02:11:19 AM »
Dude, maybe you should consider being a playwright as a side gig because that was one HELL of a monologue.  Jeeze, I'm inspired here at 2:10am on a Thurs morning just by reading it.

Congrats on your acceptances and Godspeed!

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2006, 02:49:53 AM »
Dude, maybe you should consider being a playwright as a side gig because that was one HELL of a monologue.  Jeeze, I'm inspired here at 2:10am on a Thurs morning just by reading it.

Congrats on your acceptances and Godspeed!

Thank you for the congrats. Get some sleep. :)

T44

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2006, 04:00:47 AM »
I've trolled this thread on and off for awhile...not surprised it took this turn.  I hate to pile on as the tone of the attack has XOXO "let's play with someone from LSD and see what happens" written all over it.  However, I do think this site has gone way too far in an "up with people" direction in the last couple of years.  TJ and La Verne are NOT quality programs. More than a handful of their grads will take on enormous debt and have horrible professional prospects compared to other programs.  Does it mean they will not produce any successful lawyers?  Of course not.  If someone with below average stats comes on and posts their intentions in an open forum, should all replies have to fall under, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?"

This person clearly has a "dream," and seems like an OK person.  I just think that some of the posters in this forum really do people a disservice by all this cheerleading.  I mean if a buddy of mine said, "Guess what? I'm gonna take on 6 figure debt, attend the lowest ranked law school in one of the most competitive/flooded legal markets in the country, have marginal job prospects, and enjoy no alumni network, what do you think?"  My first response would not be, "good for you."

The log cabin stories are great to have, everyone has got one.  Sure some people just like to kick people when they are down, give them internet anonimity and they kick even harder.  Do your homework, this isn't looking like a happy ending this time.

smack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2006, 09:25:28 AM »
Ithappensforareason, this country was built by determined individuals who worked hard.  The work ethic you described in your "monologue" will take you far.  We need more people like you...people who have toiled, struggled and fought for their something they care deeply about. 

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2006, 09:58:35 AM »
I've trolled this thread on and off for awhile...not surprised it took this turn.  I hate to pile on as the tone of the attack has XOXO "let's play with someone from LSD and see what happens" written all over it.  However, I do think this site has gone way too far in an "up with people" direction in the last couple of years.  TJ and La Verne are NOT quality programs. More than a handful of their grads will take on enormous debt and have horrible professional prospects compared to other programs.  Does it mean they will not produce any successful lawyers?  Of course not.  If someone with below average stats comes on and posts their intentions in an open forum, should all replies have to fall under, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?"

This person clearly has a "dream," and seems like an OK person.  I just think that some of the posters in this forum really do people a disservice by all this cheerleading.  I mean if a buddy of mine said, "Guess what? I'm gonna take on 6 figure debt, attend the lowest ranked law school in one of the most competitive/flooded legal markets in the country, have marginal job prospects, and enjoy no alumni network, what do you think?"  My first response would not be, "good for you."

The log cabin stories are great to have, everyone has got one.  Sure some people just like to kick people when they are down, give them internet anonimity and they kick even harder.  Do your homework, this isn't looking like a happy ending this time.

A "happy ending" is a relative term. It's obvious being a lawyer is the OP's dream. Guess what? He/she is going to be a lawyer -- and from the looks of it, a very good one. There's nothing "unhappy" about that.

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2006, 10:48:54 AM »
Ok so the difference between a 153 and a 160 on the LSAT is like 11 questions.. 

So one person takes a stupid exam and makes a 153

another person takes an exam and makes a 160 by getting 11 more questions right on a 101 question exam.

That is the difference between a T1 and a T4..

If you ask me, that is not much of a difference.
It seems to me, that people that dis the T4 are actually uncomfortable about just getting those 11 more questions, and know that really they are no more superior than the 153.

I have taken practice LSATS and made everywhere from a 143 to a 163.  Big difference.  If you have a horrible 2.x GPA you still can get into a T1 with awesome job prospects as long as it is coupled with a 160 LSAT. 

I would watch out buddy, because one day a TTT might transfer to whatever school you are going to and might just 163 you out of your scholarship. 

People that have drive and heart will always succeed.  Be afraid, be very afraid.  :o
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!

parsley

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2006, 10:58:35 AM »
Holy crap.  You guys sound like a bunch of posters with dalmatians and kittens on a kindergarten wall.

And you also sound like the kind of people who fall for Nigerian money scams, get rich quick internet schemes, and placebo magic diet pills...

These things all help with success: Be motivated. Be a hard worker. Be positive.

But for the love of Jesus Christ (where's LSAT Jesus when you need him...) BE REALISTIC.

People with motivation, work ethic and positive attitudes do NOT always succeed.