Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bad News on thanksgiving eve  (Read 9109 times)

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Bad News on thanksgiving eve
« on: November 23, 2006, 02:46:22 AM »
Just came home from work to find a letter from western state. It was a rejection letter. The day before thanksgiving. Needless to day, I am heart broken right now. I am so dissapointed. Western State was one of my target schools.

My numbers are lsat 150  g.p.a 3.0.

I was in there range.  I am shocked that the rejection came so quickly as well. Does anyone think it is because I appied for spring term? I applied nov 1st for spring term which begins in january.

I am so down right now. I cant sleep. I feel as if I am not going to law school at all. What a horrible way to start a thanksgiving.

The remaining schools I have applied to are:

1) Whittier- Fall 2007
2) Chapman- Fall 2007
3) Thomas Jefferson- Spring 2007
4) La Verne- Spring 2007 part time

hereshopin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bad News on thanksgiving eve
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:53:44 AM »
can you reapply for fall 2007? it might just have been because it was so soon that their class is full, which might explain the swift rejection.

maybe retake the lsat in dec?
DeVry Tech '10

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 02:59:25 AM »
I can re-apply. Why can't they just tell me I was rejected because the class was full and they would consider me for fall? If its about paying another application fee, I will pay it. Jesus,I spend months preparing for my lsat,preparing my app, my blood, sweat and tears have been placed on going to law school and they just can send a rejection letter providing no explanation to me. Its heartless.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 03:05:43 AM »
Perhaps if you spoke to someone in the admissions office next week, they would be better able to inform you?

hereshopin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 03:06:29 AM »
I can re-apply. Why can't they just tell me I was rejected because the class was full and they would consider me for fall? If its about paying another application fee, I will pay it. Jesus,I spend months preparing for my lsat,preparing my app, my blood, sweat and tears have been placed on going to law school and they just can send a rejection letter providing no explanation to me. Its heartless.
Dunno, it does seem kind of bad.

But hey, like your name says, it happens for a reason. Maybe you'll end up at another school and be significantly happier that way...best of luck either way!
DeVry Tech '10

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 03:10:53 AM »
Perhaps if you spoke to someone in the admissions office next week, they would be better able to inform you?

Yea. But in the mean time, I was just trying to get some opinions. Anything, *sigh* Monday is a long time away to get answers.

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 03:12:17 AM »
Dunno, it does seem kind of bad.

But hey, like your name says, it happens for a reason. Maybe you'll end up at another school and be significantly happier that way...best of luck either way!

Thanks. I just want to end up in law school. God, I hope a school gives me a chance.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 03:17:46 AM »

Yea. But in the mean time, I was just trying to get some opinions. Anything, *sigh* Monday is a long time away to get answers.

I know what you mean. But this doesn't mean the end of Thanksgiving, eh? It just means you have an opportunity to talk to them in a few days that you should prepare for. :)

Pugnacious

• Sr. Citizen
  • C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 04:16:56 AM »
Hey, I am sorry to hear that. But don't let it ruin Thanksgiving for you...you WILL get into  a law school and if not, there is always next year. I hope you cheer up.
My cycle is officially over. Boalt Law 2010!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pugattack

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 04:53:12 AM »
Don't feel too down.

Go to Chapman when you get in there.  You'll have a better time there, anyway.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.