Law School Discussion

Electronic or paper - is there a list of schools' preferences?

!@#$%

• View Profile
Does anyone know if there exists in the magical land of Internet a list of law schools' preferences on how to receive applications - electronic v. paper?  For instace, Georgetown strongly prefers electronic.  UVA doesn't care. 

Google ain't helping me today.

DOWNNY

• 3.1 GPA 177 LSAT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Electronic or paper - is there a list of schools' preferences?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 09:30:29 AM »
COOL COSTUME AND GREAT LSAT SCORE? WHERE ARE YOU APPLYING. I HAVE SIMILAR STATS.

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 09:51:36 AM »
Nice! ;D  Are you any relation to DOWNY?  My short-list of schools is on LawSchoolNumbers.com

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 11:12:35 AM »
I think you have to go to each school's website.  Although someone should put together a list when they're bored.  I have one going for whether they like school-specific or LSAC LORs, but only for 12 schools.

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 11:23:02 AM »
Actually, there's a list of all schools for LOR preferences out there.  The link was in a thread from yesterday, probably in the Recommendations section.  I thought there might be something similar for apps.

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 12:04:03 PM »
Actually, there's a list of all schools for LOR preferences out there.  The link was in a thread from yesterday, probably in the Recommendations section.  I thought there might be something similar for apps.

Bastards!  I went to each school's website  :-\  Oh well.  I'm paranoid enough that I would have independently verified them all anyway.  Maybe you should do the same :)

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »
Oh well.  I'm paranoid enough that I would have independently verified them all anyway.  Maybe you should do the same :)

I already did for the one I particularly care about; I was merely curious about the rest.

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 12:09:28 PM »
Oh well.  I'm paranoid enough that I would have independently verified them all anyway.  Maybe you should do the same :)

I already did for the one I particularly care about; I was merely curious about the rest.

Have you seen any that prefer paper?  I thought they all prefer electronic these days.  I guess I should look into this myself...

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 12:13:41 PM »
Well, I was thinking that since they make files for all their applicants, they probably have to print out all the apps that are transmitted electronically anyway.  I would think it saves them a step if they get a paper app.  But by virtue of the LSAC, schools are probably not allowed to say that they would prefer paper.  That is just my guess. 

I think too much, and it's really slow at work today.

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 12:47:45 PM »
I think that many prefer online apps, if they have a preference at all. I know there are a few schools that lower the cost of applying to the school on their online applications. That would deter me from applying by paper app.