3 (10.3%)
Looooong lead up to 2012
 4 (13.8%)
Something else
 2 (6.9%)
Some combination of the above
 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The Thread on Politics  (Read 425535 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread on Politics
« Reply #7820 on: January 21, 2009, 10:15:30 PM »
He's working on something...I can feel it!

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: January 21, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »
He's working on something...I can feel it!

I hope so.

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7822 on: January 21, 2009, 11:14:10 PM »

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: January 22, 2009, 01:05:04 AM »
The Inauguration - bananas. 

I can no longer feel my feet but it was worth losing them. 

History.

Ditto, except I can feel my feet now.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: January 22, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
my bad! I'll share my experience when I get a breather
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: January 24, 2009, 01:59:46 PM »
The Inauguration - bananas. 

I can no longer feel my feet but it was worth losing them. 

History.

Ditto, except I can feel my feet now.

Word but who needs feet when BO's in office?!  Did any body get close?  I was acting a straight fool when I was over waaay back near MSNBC and saw Rachel Maddow and my man Keith Olbermann.  Yo but it was hell trying to get back because of road closures.  Armed men and police officers.

Imagine going through the inauguration and the days before it with 60 teenagers and their friends.  That was my experience.  All who wanted to stick with me because I had a rep of being the most easy going "down" faculty advisor.  I got to hear/see Desmond Tutu, Al Gore, Lisa Ling, and Colin Powell speak (only to our group) and was quite moved.  (okay yeah, I cried).  Powell got a little choked up too at first so, I was in good company.  We also saw this group of actors just say some quotes from famous politicians.  The older white lady from Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood broke down in tears-  just so moved that she grew up in a segregated era and now we have a black prez. One of the Baldwin brothers was also there.  As well as some country/rock singer that the kids went crazy over that I had no idea who she was.Alfre Woodard and the lady medical examiner from one of the Law and Order's was also in that same troupe. 

So So So moving was just being in the crowds seeing older black folks- both men and women- just ballin' over the significance of the event.  Holding other strangers and ballin' together.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: January 24, 2009, 11:16:21 PM »
Did any body get close?

I was in the Blue section, right behind the seated area.  I was close enough to see him.  I also think I was close enough to say with certainty that Bush heard the crowd booing him and singing the chorus to "Hey Jude" (na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!).  My patriotism prevented me from participating, but I was certainly amused.

My favorite moments: 1. When Obama was about to exit the Capitol and walk outside.  2. Lowery's benediction.

Moments that should've been better: 'Retha (umhmmm "cold weather"), Roberts (come on, man, 35 words...practice that ish or read a card), and Yo Yo Ma (recording? lame)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: January 24, 2009, 11:22:16 PM »
Did any body get close?

I was in the Blue section, right behind the seated area.  I was close enough to see him.  I also think I was close enough to say with certainty that Bush heard the crowd booing him and singing the chorus to "Hey Jude" (na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!).  My patriotism prevented me from participating, but I was certainly amused.

My favorite moments: 1. When Obama was about to exit the Capitol and walk outside.  2. Lowery's benediction.

Moments that should've been better: 'Retha (umhmmm "cold weather"), Roberts (come on, man, 35 words...practice that ish or read a card), and Yo Yo Ma (recording? lame)

You don't have a drop of white in you, do you?   :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwnqqj5Q1BU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXG83p2nkHw
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: January 24, 2009, 11:28:04 PM »
:D :D  obviously not!  I got the "na na na" part right! :P

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: January 24, 2009, 11:32:37 PM »
:D :D  obviously not!  I got the "na na na" part right! :P

That's the important part, right?

I'm glad you had such a great time, kiddo.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.