3 (10.3%)
Looooong lead up to 2012
 4 (13.8%)
Something else
 2 (6.9%)
Some combination of the above
 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The Thread on Politics  (Read 409397 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread on Politics
« Reply #7240 on: November 24, 2008, 12:21:46 AM »
I think they were probably viewing repression as comfort with authority, though I was viewing it as inattention to important problem-solving tasks.  I don't know, though!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: November 24, 2008, 02:07:39 AM »

well isn't this going to be a muthah fuchin' shocker for most of ya... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-3.88&soc=-1.69
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: November 24, 2008, 06:35:14 AM »

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: November 24, 2008, 10:21:54 AM »

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7245 on: November 24, 2008, 10:46:44 AM »
Umm Alci-  trying to make a point with the 2 options of:   Yes, but only as part of a larger bailout  ???

Nah just an oversight.

<----not happy about the HRC as s of s, BTW.

Me neither, but we'll see how it goes.

I'm tellin ya'll, it must be done.  It's a necessary evil.

Alrighty call me stubborn but I still aint happy 'bout it.  And how would firing HRC look to the 18M dillusional folks that voted for her?  And I don't think her appointment totally takes her out of the game for running against him.  It may even make her stronger. Like if she pulled a General Powell.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: November 24, 2008, 10:50:44 AM »
Umm Alci-  trying to make a point with the 2 options of:   Yes, but only as part of a larger bailout  ???

Nah just an oversight.

Alrighty call me stubborn but I still aint happy 'bout it.  And how would firing HRC look to the 18M dillusional folks that voted for her?  And I don't think her appointment totally takes her out of the game for running against him.  It may even make her stronger. Like if she pulled a General Powell.

Good point, never considered that. After all, she is a Clinton.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: November 24, 2008, 11:06:49 AM »

Nah just an oversight.

Exactly!
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: November 24, 2008, 12:02:36 PM »
Alrighty call me stubborn but I still aint happy 'bout it. And how would firing HRC look to the 18M dillusional folks that voted for her? And I don't think her appointment totally takes her out of the game for running against him. It may even make her stronger. Like if she pulled a General Powell.

for clinton have any reason run, obama's first term going have be pretty danged bad.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: November 24, 2008, 01:09:46 PM »

Nah just an oversight.

Exactly!

ITA!  Like I said, she and Bill showed that they couldn't be trusted in this election season.  I don't put anything past her right now, though I do think Obama was stuck b/t a rock and a hard place when it came to her.  Leaving her totally outside his administration would give her reason to run against him in 2012, and putting in her in his camp better positions her to run in 2012 too.  Seems like he didn't really have a meaningful choice...
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?