3 (10.3%)
Looooong lead up to 2012
 4 (13.8%)
Something else
 2 (6.9%)
Some combination of the above
 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The Thread on Politics  (Read 409352 times)

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread on Politics
« Reply #6550 on: October 14, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »
his oppression impression is getting better though.

LOL.

lol.  Freudian slip?

LOL. indeed.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: October 14, 2008, 01:10:22 PM »
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: October 14, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »
Blue, if/when Obama wins this November, will you please go away and never post about politics again?

Any chance we can get an advance on that?

lol ya'll do know that's just an invitation for him to post more, right? [sarcasm] Ya'll aren't thinking independently-  a coin can land heads, tails...what's the third option?  So he can post more, post less, not post  ??? [sarcasm]
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #6553 on: October 14, 2008, 05:59:54 PM »
Blue, if/when Obama wins this November, will you please go away and never post about politics again?

lol ya'll do know that's just an invitation for him to post more, right? [sarcasm] Ya'll aren't thinking independently-  a coin can land heads, tails...what's the third option?  So he can post more, post less, not post  ??? [sarcasm]

We can dream, dangit.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: October 14, 2008, 06:38:25 PM »
As if we needed further proof that (a) McCain has completely lost his mind and (b) the McCain campaign is playing the race card.  Irony is completely lost on this man!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/McCain_keeps_pounding_on_John_Lewis_statement.html

October 14, 2008
Categories: McCain
McCain keeps pounding on John Lewis statement

He said in an interview with a Florida TV station today that the Georgia congressman's invocation of George Wallace and Birmingham amounted to "the most outrageous and disgraceful thing that Iíve seen in American politics."

McCain also compared his denunciation of the over-the-line statements of GOP party officials about Obama to the Democrat's relative silence on Lewis.

ďThere have been statements made that Iíve had to repudiate by certain GOP operatives or apparatchiks," McCain said.  "Congressman Lewis is one of the most respected and admired men in America."

Perhaps not the best way to inspire your own party three weeks out from Election Day ó apparatchiks! ó but it gets the point across.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6555 on: October 14, 2008, 06:47:16 PM »
...how much of barack obama's past and past political relationships can he disavow or try to distance himself from?

...he is a barely a ONE term u.s. senator running for the "commander in chief" position...

...just throw everyone under the "cult of personality" machine?

...pretend that change = taxes???

...pa...ohio...florida...neva da are watching this "snake oil salesman"..
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: October 14, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »
It's not working, b-dubs.  I hope you realize that screeds like yours are ruining John McCain's name for all of history.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: October 14, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »

lol ya'll do know that's just an invitation for him to post more, right? [sarcasm] Ya'll aren't thinking independently- a coin can land heads, tails...what's the third option? So he can post more, post less, not post ??? [sarcasm]

some people just never get message....