3 (10.3%)
Looooong lead up to 2012
 4 (13.8%)
Something else
 2 (6.9%)
Some combination of the above
 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The Thread on Politics  (Read 418893 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread on Politics
« Reply #6430 on: October 08, 2008, 10:07:54 AM »
why can't anyone who views this thread and see that we are riding an economic hurricane understand that "Change" in the form of raising taxes will NOT help already heavily taxed people...and that cutting out wasteful spending is not a better idea???

this is succumbing to the cult of personality...and aye think the election is going to be a poll buster...the polls don't match up with the electoratal map.

people are waking up and realizing that their family's small business is going to have a tax hike on it...and that is not going to help our economy...taxation is not a solution of change...and people know it.

the electorate is going to decide this chess game...not the gallup poll..
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: October 08, 2008, 10:08:36 AM »
Against my better judgment...

B-dub

Do you really think people give a watery *&^% about ACORN and a tenuous connection to Bill Ayers enough to use it as a reason to not vote for Obama, when the Dow has dropped 800 points in two days, people are losing their homes, gas is damn near $4 a gallon, and the unemployment rolls grow exponentially each month? Really? The tiny segment who would be swayed by that 1) were voting for McPalin come hell or high water or 2) are people looking for any excuse not to vote for Obama.

Domestic terrorist my ass...if Ayers is such a threat, why the hell would the state of Illinois hire him? He's a professor at U of I-Chicago for Pete's sake.  You claim you don't know Obama, who as I said before, has been in the national spotlight literally everyday for the last two years, and already slayed the Clinton machine. But you know Palin after 5 weeks on the campaign, and two plane crash interviews, right? Gimme a f-in break. That makes absolutely no sense, even for you. Could you even identify her two months ago? Be honest. You wouldn't have known her if she walked up to you and pimp slapped you on Utica Ave in July. Now you, the self-proclaimed independent, ride or die with her?Get the @#!* outta here with that bull.

You insult our intelligence. You do realize you're trying to make a sound argument with law students and practicing attorneys, don't you? We analyze logical arguments all day, every day. Why do you think people hate arguing with law students/attorneys? Because we can spot and destroy bull a mile away. And you sir, have enough cow dung to fertilize all of Iowa. You're going to have to come armed with more than just whatever xenophobic, thinly-veiled racist, fear mongering talking points that McPalin are spouting today.

Checkmate on this issue right here.  In the haste to repeat McCain/Palin sound bites, people are not even trying to make a logical argument here.   So let's get this straight....the guy you've seen every single day for 2 years - you DON'T know him, but the lady leveling this attack who you've known for 5 weeks - you DO know her??

That doesn't even make sense.

America REALLY doesn't know Sarah Palin.

What's all this Alaska Succession talk?

What's all this firing state employees talk?

By your logic, if Obama is mysterious Palin is 007!

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: October 08, 2008, 10:16:53 AM »
So the TVs were on Fox News in the gym.  LOL @ their post-debate coverage.  It's like it's opposite day all the time on that channel.

That's why I tune into them periodically.  I want to hear what possible arguments could be made for the other side in the face of reality so that I can get my counterarguments ready when people repeat them verbatim.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: October 08, 2008, 10:25:36 AM »
Against my better judgment...

B-dub

Do you really think people give a watery *&^% about ACORN and a tenuous connection to Bill Ayers enough to use it as a reason to not vote for Obama, when the Dow has dropped 800 points in two days, people are losing their homes, gas is damn near $4 a gallon, and the unemployment rolls grow exponentially each month? Really? The tiny segment who would be swayed by that 1) were voting for McPalin come hell or high water or 2) are people looking for any excuse not to vote for Obama.

Domestic terrorist my ass...if Ayers is such a threat, why the hell would the state of Illinois hire him? He's a professor at U of I-Chicago for Pete's sake.  You claim you don't know Obama, who as I said before, has been in the national spotlight literally everyday for the last two years, and already slayed the Clinton machine. But you know Palin after 5 weeks on the campaign, and two plane crash interviews, right? Gimme a f-in break. That makes absolutely no sense, even for you. Could you even identify her two months ago? Be honest. You wouldn't have known her if she walked up to you and pimp slapped you on Utica Ave in July. Now you, the self-proclaimed independent, ride or die with her?Get the @#!* outta here with that bull.

You insult our intelligence. You do realize you're trying to make a sound argument with law students and practicing attorneys, don't you? We analyze logical arguments all day, every day. Why do you think people hate arguing with law students/attorneys? Because we can spot and destroy bull a mile away. And you sir, have enough cow dung to fertilize all of Iowa. You're going to have to come armed with more than just whatever xenophobic, thinly-veiled racist, fear mongering talking points that McPalin are spouting today.

Checkmate on this issue right here.  In the haste to repeat McCain/Palin sound bites, people are not even trying to make a logical argument here.   So let's get this straight....the guy you've seen every single day for 2 years - you DON'T know him, but the lady leveling this attack who you've known for 5 weeks - you DO know her??

That doesn't even make sense.

America REALLY doesn't know Sarah Palin.

What's all this Alaska Succession talk?

What's all this firing state employees talk?

By your logic, if Obama is mysterious Palin is 007!

2 years????? for the commander in chief position???

hell yeah we don't know him....

2 years??? no...we have much more vetting to do...

and yes...palin is just as mysterious... but she doesn't have ties to a past "urban terrorist" who bombed buildings and put obama in charge of his organization which promotes the "radicalization of students"...and she is NOT connected to a group like ACORN...who has been running up voter registration...something which the obama campaign has been boasting about for the past year...suspicious...very suspicious...and she is NOT running for the commander in chief position...

p.s..you guys can oil each other up as much as you want...you have succumb to the cult of personality...aye now see through barack obama's bullshite....it took him a long time to show what he meant by change...but is simple..."more taxes".."mom and pop small business taxes"...aye ain't buying baracks rotten chicken covered up with jerk seasoning....

ooohhhhh how he duped you...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: October 08, 2008, 10:37:27 AM »
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6435 on: October 08, 2008, 10:41:57 AM »
http://www.thatone08.com

yeah...obama is not commander in chief material...it is true..

he is surreptitious...

"that one" is a "snake-oil salesman" selling tax hikes rolled up in smoothe talk...and bullshite.

and this trini-american is not voting for "that one" a third time...

this time aye am voting for "that one" who recognizes the economic storm and is going to CUT SPENDING..this time aye am voting for the "other" guy...

mccain...

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: October 08, 2008, 10:54:26 AM »
So the TVs were on Fox News in the gym.  LOL @ their post-debate coverage.  It's like it's opposite day all the time on that channel.

That's why I tune into them periodically.  I want to hear what possible arguments could be made for the other side in the face of reality so that I can get my counterarguments ready when people repeat them verbatim.

you can't face the reality that all obama means by "change" is more taxes on americans...and more taxes on small businesses...
his change is continued partisan voting record...obama has no balls when concerning people like harry reid and nancy pelosi...

you can't face that "change" for obama is empty talk...

and what does mccain mean by change..."cutting wasteful spending"...now that makes sense with the economy in such a shambles...

you can't face it that asking people for more money is hurtful in an economic storm...and cutting government big spending drunkeness is the problem...

you can't face it that it is "cutting government spending" not "demandinding more taxes" which is real change.

you just can't face it...you are blind, my friend...

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: October 08, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »

you can't face the reality that all obama means by "change" is more taxes on americans...and more taxes on small businesses...
his change is continued partisan voting record...obama has no balls when concerning people like harry reid and nancy pelosi...

you can't face that "change" for obama is empty talk...

and what does mccain mean by change..."cutting wasteful spending"...now that makes sense with the economy in such a shambles...

you can't face it that asking people for more money is hurtful in an economic storm...and cutting government big spending drunkeness is the problem...

you can't face it that it is "cutting government spending" not "demandinding more taxes" which is real change.

you just can't face it...you are blind, my friend...

Your logic is so flawed that you are not even consistent with yourself.  One minute you're condemning people who put a white woman over a brother and the next you're putting a white woman over a brother yourself.  You have been officially discredited here.  Your political posts not only lack logic, but now they lack credibility.  We no longer have any reason to believe or take seriously anything else that you post on politics (if we ever did).

You may stop now.

Charles H. Houston

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: October 08, 2008, 11:40:48 AM »
middle class..lower middle class...poor and small business owners will not be affected by "tax hikes" rich should pay more.. i totally agree with that..

mccain could care less about the needs of trini-americans.. middle class americans.. or low income americans...

he is surreptitious...

"that one" is a "snake-oil salesman" selling tax hikes rolled up in smoothe talk...and bullshite.

this time aye am voting for "that one" who recognizes the economic storm and is going to CUT SPENDING..this time aye am voting for the "other" guy...

mccain...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: October 08, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »
middle class..lower middle class...poor and small business owners will not be affected by "tax hikes" rich should pay more.. i totally agree with that..

mccain could care less about the needs of trini-americans.. middle class americans.. or low income americans...

he is surreptitious...

mccain...

There you go again, Blk, talking facts and stuff. 

Charles H. Houston