3 (10.3%)
Looooong lead up to 2012
 4 (13.8%)
Something else
 2 (6.9%)
Some combination of the above
 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The Thread on Politics  (Read 427314 times)

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread on Politics
« Reply #5500 on: August 29, 2008, 11:34:16 AM »
The debates are going to be hilarious!!

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: August 29, 2008, 11:37:42 AM »
Well I'll be goddamned!  This mofo McCain picked a woman!  Sarah Palin out of Alaska.  But how's dude gonna criticize Obama for experience when this chick was only in office a few years?

He can't!! And I think that is the wonderful thing about his pick...she has even less experience than Obama. Prior to her being elected governor in 2006, she was mayor of a city with a population of 5,400. McCain is 72 years old, which makes his VP pick's ability to be POTUS even more vital, IMO. By choosing her, I think he's taken away some of the sting in his argument against BO. If Sarah Palin is ready to be our President, Barack is certainly ready. Also, she can never use that attack line against Obama - the words "not ready" should never cross her lips.

Also, I think it's very risky of McCain to pick someone so untested in national politics. Barack has had the benefit of long primary battle and he f'ed up in the beginning, as anyone would in the beginning. But he had time to learn and grow as a candidate. Palin has less than 70 days to get it. And she has to debate Joe Biden. I cannot wait to see that.

I think she will have some appeal to conservative women and hard core Hillary lovers. And she will ensure that McCain wins Alaska's THREE electoral votes, but he was going to do that anyway. But will she help in Virginia, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada, the real swing states?? I'm not so sure...

be careful...alaska is like the wide west...and palin can shoot a gun...this definately just got interesting...
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: August 29, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »
oh boy...be careful these next 70 days will be a media vetting the v.p....

be careful...be careful... :o

pirouette06

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5503 on: August 29, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »
Well I'll be goddamned!  This mofo McCain picked a woman!  Sarah Palin out of Alaska.  But how's dude gonna criticize Obama for experience when this chick was only in office a few years?

He can't!! And I think that is the wonderful thing about his pick...she has even less experience than Obama. Prior to her being elected governor in 2006, she was mayor of a city with a population of 5,400. McCain is 72 years old, which makes his VP pick's ability to be POTUS even more vital, IMO. By choosing her, I think he's taken away some of the sting in his argument against BO. If Sarah Palin is ready to be our President, Barack is certainly ready. Also, she can never use that attack line against Obama - the words "not ready" should never cross her lips.

Also, I think it's very risky of McCain to pick someone so untested in national politics. Barack has had the benefit of long primary battle and he f'ed up in the beginning, as anyone would in the beginning. But he had time to learn and grow as a candidate. Palin has less than 70 days to get it. And she has to debate Joe Biden. I cannot wait to see that.

I think she will have some appeal to conservative women and hard core Hillary lovers. And she will ensure that McCain wins Alaska's THREE electoral votes, but he was going to do that anyway. But will she help in Virginia, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada, the real swing states?? I'm not so sure...

be careful...alaska is like the wide west...and palin can shoot a gun...this definately just got interesting...

She can shoot a gun, she a strong pro-lifer and strong on reform. She will definitely attract conservative women and hard core feminists but I do not believe she will win the battle for Reagan Dems. I think Biden will help Obama more than she will help McCain. She is certainly a surprising, interesting, game changing pick but I don't think she is enough to help McCain win in November.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: August 29, 2008, 11:47:35 AM »
man...this is a real juggernaut...

female independents just sat up.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5505 on: August 29, 2008, 11:48:58 AM »
You gonna tell me God's Hand is not on this election?

If the Edwards scandal breaks in December, Hilary likely would have won Iowa, and had her coronation last night.
Bush will go down in history as the worst president EVER.
The Reps pick a corpse for candidate.
The corpse in turn picks a lady from from Alaska (how many Americans can ID that on a map BTW) with TWO years experience in government...of a state that's dark half the year (yeah, irrelevant, but I'm being smug) for VP.

Both debates just turned into must see TV. First, Obama get to induce a Socratic-influenced beatdown on McCain, then Biden, with 30 years experience in the Senate, gets to debate someone no one's ever heard of.

They just gift wrapped this thing for Obama. Unbefuckinlievable.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: August 29, 2008, 11:51:51 AM »

If the Edwards scandal breaks in December, Hilary likely would have won Iowa, and had her coronation last night.
The corpse in turn picks a lady from from Alaska (how many Americans can ID that on a map BTW) with TWO years experience in government...of a state that's dark half the year (yeah, irrelevant, but I'm being smug) for VP.

Both debates just turned into must see TV. First, Obama get to induce a Socratic-influenced beatdown on McCain, then Biden, with 30 years experience in the Senate, gets to debate someone no one's ever heard of.

um...not sure about that...there could be other things at play...like aye said...tread delicately...aye thought no one heard of obama...and look at how far he has gotten.

remember...this country elected bush to a second term...ask yourself why?

pirouette06

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5507 on: August 29, 2008, 11:57:55 AM »

God is all over this one.

McCain is not ready for that "Socratic-influenced beatdown." I'm sure will get angry and play the POW card.  And Biden is going to gift wrap Palin's arse and give it back to her in that debate. Biden will have to turn on the charm and remember that he is debating a woman, but the lack of experience will be evident.

I agree with bluewarrior though, female independents just sat up. BUT, it doesn't change McCain's policies and that is what will win in the end. As Bill said the other night, "Barack is on the right side of history."

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: August 29, 2008, 12:00:04 PM »
 :D :D :D

aye am always troubled by that expression, "on the right side of history"...aye think the most notorious was hitler...

like aye said...be careful...many...many people who said they were on the right side of history have lost...

please tread lightly....please.

"god is on the side of those who wish to end genocide"...and it is that simple...you can quote me.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: August 29, 2008, 12:01:42 PM »
But are there enough female independents that will break for McCain to swing the election? Doubt it. Not in the key states (VA, OH, PA, FL)not all of them anyway. Plus, factor in the men that won't vote for a woman. It's a wash at best.