3 (10.3%)
Looooong lead up to 2012
 4 (13.8%)
Something else
 2 (6.9%)
Some combination of the above
 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The Thread on Politics  (Read 421884 times)

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread on Politics
« Reply #4980 on: June 17, 2008, 05:57:47 PM »
You sound soft.

And you sound like an a-hole.

Why? He's a female dog. I had no problems with him until he went on tour and started actin' like a female dog.

::) that doesn't even make sense.

Sure it does. Rev. Wright was a female dog.

So, Obama has been playing defense for the past 2 months, condemning and denouncing anybody whitey mainstream tells him to, and Wright is the female dog?
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: June 17, 2008, 05:59:09 PM »
You sound soft.

Way to take a shot at the black poster. We have a history of speaking truth to power. Not sure why you threw us under the bus...
Look to the left -- Look to the right

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: June 17, 2008, 06:08:08 PM »
lol

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: June 17, 2008, 06:08:30 PM »
You sound soft.

Way to take a shot at the black poster. We have a history of speaking truth to power. Not sure why you threw us under the bus...

weak.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: June 17, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »
A pin sold at the Texas Republican state convention:

http://perezhilton.com/2008-06-17-this-is-not-a-joke-39

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: June 17, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »
I believe it. I'm still called colored in some areas of Texas.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: June 17, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »
You sound soft.

weak.

no son. that was pretty good. gimme my props.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: June 17, 2008, 07:08:53 PM »
You sound soft.

weak.

.5 points.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: June 17, 2008, 07:13:27 PM »
You sound soft.

weak.

.5 points.

you're a hater. bad look!

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: June 17, 2008, 09:28:54 PM »
The truth is the truth.

Indeed. And if it hurts, take an Advil. I keep telling people Obama's not as "liberal" as he's made out to be, thank God.

My problem with Obama is that, in his quest for the presidency, he has thrown his church, black folks and Palestinians under the bus. It has nothing to do with being liberal. My concern is that the guy I supported in '07 is not the guy I'll get in '09.

that church had to go; i'm not sure how he threw black folks under the bus; and I don't even care about Palestinians enough to get mad. lol He's doing his thing right now. no complaints from me.

(1) You guys keep saying the church had to go, but leave out the fact that he was there for over 20 years. (2) BO then claims that the man who "brought him to Jesus" somehow doesn't represent the black church or the attacks on him don't represent an attack on the black church. (3) That's just sad.

Yes, Obama is doing his thing, but by the time this process is over will there be any meat on the bone? I swear ,had there really been a whitey tape, he would have divorced Michelle.

So what he's been there for 20 years. They were a liability so they had to go. End of story. He didn't even break from the church until that #%@! started going on tour acting a damn fool and the white priest went crazy. Moreover, that light bright with the gold embroidered dashikis doesn't represent the black church any less than I don't represent all black people. He's one dude -- one dude with a huge ego -- but still one dude nonetheless. I don't see what's sad with what he did. Sorry, but I'm not willing to criticize the first potential black president because he distanced himself from a church. It's not that serious. I have much bigger fish to fry.

You're a huge political romantic. You might fare better if you tone that down a notch.

the bolded was funny as hell. I haven't heard somebody say that since my grandmother died. And I agree with your sentiment whole-heartedly.