3 (10.3%)
Looooong lead up to 2012
 4 (13.8%)
Something else
 2 (6.9%)
Some combination of the above
 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The Thread on Politics  (Read 409029 times)

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread on Politics
« Reply #4970 on: June 17, 2008, 03:32:40 PM »
The truth is the truth.

Indeed. And if it hurts, take an Advil. I keep telling people Obama's not as "liberal" as he's made out to be, thank God.

My problem with Obama is that, in his quest for the presidency, he has thrown his church, black folks and Palestinians under the bus. It has nothing to do with being liberal. My concern is that the guy I supported in '07 is not the guy I'll get in '09.

that church had to go; i'm not sure how he threw black folks under the bus; and I don't even care about Palestinians enough to get mad. lol He's doing his thing right now. no complaints from me.

(1) You guys keep saying the church had to go, but leave out the fact that he was there for over 20 years. (2) BO then claims that the man who "brought him to Jesus" somehow doesn't represent the black church or the attacks on him don't represent an attack on the black church. (3) That's just sad.

Yes, Obama is doing his thing, but by the time this process is over will there be any meat on the bone? I swear ,had there really been a whitey tape, he would have divorced Michelle.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: June 17, 2008, 04:02:50 PM »
The truth is the truth.

Indeed. And if it hurts, take an Advil. I keep telling people Obama's not as "liberal" as he's made out to be, thank God.

My problem with Obama is that, in his quest for the presidency, he has thrown his church, black folks and Palestinians under the bus. It has nothing to do with being liberal. My concern is that the guy I supported in '07 is not the guy I'll get in '09.

that church had to go; i'm not sure how he threw black folks under the bus; and I don't even care about Palestinians enough to get mad. lol He's doing his thing right now. no complaints from me.

(1) You guys keep saying the church had to go, but leave out the fact that he was there for over 20 years. (2) BO then claims that the man who "brought him to Jesus" somehow doesn't represent the black church or the attacks on him don't represent an attack on the black church. (3) That's just sad.

Yes, Obama is doing his thing, but by the time this process is over will there be any meat on the bone? I swear ,had there really been a whitey tape, he would have divorced Michelle.

So what he's been there for 20 years. They were a liability so they had to go. End of story. He didn't even break from the church until that #%@! started going on tour acting a damn fool and the white priest went crazy. Moreover, that light bright with the gold embroidered dashikis doesn't represent the black church any less than I don't represent all black people. He's one dude -- one dude with a huge ego -- but still one dude nonetheless. I don't see what's sad with what he did. Sorry, but I'm not willing to criticize the first potential black president because he distanced himself from a church. It's not that serious. I have much bigger fish to fry.

You're a huge political romantic. You might fare better if you tone that down a notch.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: June 17, 2008, 04:05:28 PM »
Context: the only person 7S idolized more than Barack Obama is Jeremiah Wright.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: June 17, 2008, 04:18:12 PM »
Why? He's a female dog. I had no problems with him until he went on tour and started actin' like a female dog.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: June 17, 2008, 04:22:07 PM »
Lol good to have you back :D

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: June 17, 2008, 05:04:31 PM »
Context: the only person 7S idolized more than Barack Obama is Jeremiah Wright.

lol. shut it up. I do like Jeremiah Wright-that is besides the point, however.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: June 17, 2008, 05:24:03 PM »
The truth is the truth.

So what he's been there for 20 years. They were a liability so they had to go. End of story. He didn't even break from the church until that #%@! started going on tour acting a damn fool and the white priest went crazy. Moreover, that light bright with the gold embroidered dashikis doesn't represent the black church any less than I don't represent all black people. He's one dude -- one dude with a huge ego -- but still one dude nonetheless. I don't see what's sad with what he did. Sorry, but I'm not willing to criticize the first potential black president because he distanced himself from a church. It's not that serious. I have much bigger fish to fry.

You're a huge political romantic. You might fare better if you tone that down a notch.

What the hell is a political romantic? Get outta here.

I think I've made my point re: Obama's flimsiness.

The tradition of the black church has always been to speak uncompromising truth to power, from Richard Allen to MLK. Dr. Wright, like so many black liberation and liberation theologians in general, is simply continuing that tradition. So for Wright to be so harshly criticized for what so many black preachers preach every Sunday, is indeed an attack on the Black church and not simply one man.

EDIT: Also, just because he is the first potential black president doesn't mean he is beyond criticism. The church issue is part of a larger pattern. (see flimsiness above)

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: June 17, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »
Why? He's a female dog. I had no problems with him until he went on tour and started actin' like a female dog.

::) that doesn't even make sense.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: June 17, 2008, 05:38:06 PM »

::) that doesn't even make sense.

Sure it does. Rev. Wright was a female dog.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: June 17, 2008, 05:38:43 PM »
The truth is the truth.

What the hell is a political romantic? Get outta here.

I think I've made my point re: Obama's flimsiness.

The tradition of the black church has always been to speak uncompromising truth to power, from Richard Allen to MLK. Dr. Wright, like so many black liberation and liberation theologians in general, is simply continuing that tradition. So for Wright to be so harshly criticized for what so many black preachers preach every Sunday, is indeed an attack on the Black church and not simply one man.

EDIT: Also, just because he is the first potential black president doesn't mean he is beyond criticism. The church issue is part of a larger pattern. (see flimsiness above)

You sound soft.