3 (10.3%)
Looooong lead up to 2012
 4 (13.8%)
Something else
 2 (6.9%)
Some combination of the above
 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The Thread on Politics  (Read 421778 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread on Politics
« Reply #3630 on: February 25, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »
Nader's a bastard.  That is all.

?

my bad, I'm watching MSNBC and had a flashback to 2000. Needed to vent. I'm not sure if he will have the same effect on Obama that he had on Gore. 

What do you think of Clinton's little outburst?

I'm not worried about Nader. I doubt anyone's going to actually vote for him.
As for Clinton, she's coming off as a raving a-hole.  For months, she has practically libeled him in her campaign ads and mailers, especially with her well-publicized claim that Obama's plan "will leave 15 million w/out health insurance."
All Obama said in his literature (which admittedly I haven't seen) is true as far as I know.  She does support a mandate. She did support NAFTA. She hasn't a leg to stand on and comes off looking desperate and mentally unstable.

Nader -I just can't stand him.  If you are never going to win then why run?  I understand the whole argument about getting your ideas to be incorporated by those that actually have a shot.  But really, why run every year since 90s to lose every time.  Why not get your ideas in another way?

Agreed!  Hillary is coming across a bit nutty.  I saw one of the campaign ads and really isn't that bad.  My thing is why is she going nuts now?  The ads have been out for quite a while.  She's just losing and it's kinda sad to see her fall so hard so fast. If she takes it to a personal level, she's certain to lose which already seems inevitable.  She needs to take it to the substantive issues just to make it look like a contest. 

I think if she's going to say women can run too that she should engage in these emotional personal asinine distractions.  Avoid the stereotypes that kept women out of the game in the first place.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: February 25, 2008, 01:52:50 PM »
Nader's a bastard.  That is all.

?

my bad, I'm watching MSNBC and had a flashback to 2000. Needed to vent. I'm not sure if he will have the same effect on Obama that he had on Gore. 

What do you think of Clinton's little outburst?

I'm not worried about Nader. I doubt anyone's going to actually vote for him.
As for Clinton, she's coming off as a raving a-hole.  For months, she has practically libeled him in her campaign ads and mailers, especially with her well-publicized claim that Obama's plan "will leave 15 million w/out health insurance."
All Obama said in his literature (which admittedly I haven't seen) is true as far as I know.  She does support a mandate. She did support NAFTA. She hasn't a leg to stand on and comes off looking desperate and mentally unstable.

Nader -I just can't stand him.  If you are never going to win then why run?  I understand the whole argument about getting your ideas to be incorporated by those that actually have a shot.  But really, why run every year since 90s to lose every time.  Why not get your ideas in another way?

Agreed!  Hillary is coming across a bit nutty.  I saw one of the campaign ads and really isn't that bad.  My thing is why is she going nuts now?  The ads have been out for quite a while.  She's just losing and it's kinda sad to see her fall so hard so fast. If she takes it to a personal level, she's certain to lose which already seems inevitable.  She needs to take it to the substantive issues just to make it look like a contest. 

I think if she's going to say women can run too that she should engage in these emotional personal asinine distractions.  Avoid the stereotypes that kept women out of the game in the first place.

Right!

Just last week you're "honored to be on the same stage as Barack Obama" and now you hate the guy's guts?  Cause he pulled your skirt on NAFTA, something you supported but failed to mention to the good working people of Ohio who had their jobs shipped overseas on account of NAFTA??

On that note see this Bill Maher piece addressing Hillary and NAFTA:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=-K3Y0RyZ0f8

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: February 25, 2008, 02:06:05 PM »
Ridiculous:

Obama slams smear photo
By: Mike Allen
February 25, 2008 11:42 AM EST

Obama campaign manager David Plouffe accused the Clinton campaign Monday of "shameful offensive fear-mongering" by circulating a photo as an attempted smear.

Plouffe was reacting to a banner headline on the Drudge Report saying that aides to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) had e-mailed a photo calling attention to the African roots of Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).

"The photo, taken in 2006, shows the Democrat front-runner dressed as a Somali Elder, during his visit to Wajir, a rural area in northeastern Kenya," the Drudge Report said. The photo created huge buzz in political circles and immediately became known as "the 'dressed' photo," reflecting the Drudge terminology.

Plouffe said in a statement: “On the very day that Senator Clinton is giving a speech about restoring respect for America in the world, her campaign has engaged in the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we’ve seen from either party in this election. This is part of a disturbing pattern that led her county chairs to resign in Iowa, her campaign chairman to resign in New Hampshire, and it’s exactly the kind of divisive politics that turns away Americans of all parties and diminishes respect for America in the world," said Plouffe.

The Clinton campaign issued an official response to the growing tempest - but the statement from campaign manager Maggie Williams did not respond to the central question of whether staffers circulated the photo.

“Enough,” Williams said in the statement. “If Barack Obama's campaign wants to suggest that a photo of him wearing traditional Somali clothing is divisive, they should be ashamed. Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries she has visited and had those photos published widely.

“This is nothing more than an obvious and transparent attempt to distract from the serious issues confronting our country today and to attempt to create the very divisions they claim to decry. We will not be distracted.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8667.html

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: February 25, 2008, 04:22:31 PM »

Right!

Just last week you're "honored to be on the same stage as Barack Obama" and now you hate the guy's guts?  Cause he pulled your skirt on NAFTA, something you supported but failed to mention to the good working people of Ohio who had their jobs shipped overseas on account of NAFTA??

On that note see this Bill Maher piece addressing Hillary and NAFTA:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=-K3Y0RyZ0f8

Yeah that "...honored to be on the same stage..." thing was ridiculous.  That was last week's ploy and this week's ploy is to beef about the ads THAT WERE OUT PRIOR TO LAST WEEK!  So it's not like she just saw these ads and her emotional response could be attributed to some sort of shock. And they aren't that bad.

His NAFTA comment was so well-timed!
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: February 25, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »
Maggie is low-down!
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: February 25, 2008, 05:32:45 PM »
Maggie is low-down!

I tried to told ya'll!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: February 25, 2008, 05:50:09 PM »
Maggie is low-down!

I tried to told ya'll!

I mean LOW DOWN! I hope she can sleep at night knowing she's going to hell with gasoline panties on.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: February 25, 2008, 06:05:38 PM »

I mean LOW DOWN! I hope she can sleep at night knowing she's going to hell with gasoline panties on.

LOL

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: February 25, 2008, 06:39:13 PM »
I think it's fairly evident now that she was the genius who wrote the "Xerox" line that Hillary used to fall flat on her face with.

Ever since Maggie Williams has taken over they have gone more negative in these past few weeks than they have throughout the entire primary election.
Charles H. Houston

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: February 25, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »
I thought the "change you can Xerox" line was hi-fn-larious, jsia.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.