3 (10.3%)
Looooong lead up to 2012
 4 (13.8%)
Something else
 2 (6.9%)
Some combination of the above
 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: The Thread on Politics  (Read 422128 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread on Politics
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2007, 08:18:59 AM »
I suppose if he's thinking about running for President, it's better that this come out now, when he can control it, rather than later.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2007, 10:08:02 AM »
me too
Look to the left -- Look to the right

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2007, 10:17:51 AM »
Guess I missed it then.  I was too busy in undergrad to follow political scandals.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »
Guess I missed it then.  I was too busy in undergrad to follow political scandals.

too bad you were in high school at the time.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »
Oh I was, wasn't I?  Well that explains it then.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2007, 10:51:32 AM »
you didn't care in high school?

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2007, 10:52:33 AM »
Rove: Obama "Articulate" But Inexperienced

March 9, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP) Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama just can't escape the word articulate.

"He's charismatic, he's articulate, he's a very strong figure on the national stage," White House political adviser Karl Rove told an Arkansas crowd. "But something tells me that people are going to say (they want) experience and depth. As a result it's going to be, 'Can he live up to the standards?"'

Rove spoke at an event arranged by the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service.

Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, a Democratic presidential hopeful, described Obama to the New York Observer in January as, among presidential candidates, "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Biden later apologized for his remarks.

After Biden's remarks, the Illinois senator cautioned that they could be taken as disparaging towards previous black presidential candidates, including Carol Moseley Braun, Shirley Chisholm, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

President Bush also referred to Obama as "an attractive guy, he's articulate" during a January interview on Fox News Channel.

Lol, I think it's funny that Rove spoke at the Clinton School of Public Service.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2007, 10:54:24 AM »

Not particularly.  Actually, I probably wouldn't care today except to the extent that it exposes hypocrisy.  What difference does it make to me who has sex with whom while in office?

Nande

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2007, 05:39:15 PM »
Gingrich had affair during Clinton probe

By BEN EVANS, Associated Press WriterThu Mar 8, 11:04 PM ET

Gingrich argued in the interview, however, that he should not be viewed as a hypocrite for pursuing Clinton's infidelity.

No, he's a hypocrite for doing the very things that he speaks out against.  If I remember correctly, Gingrich divorced his first wife while she was recovering from cancer and told his second wife over the phone he wanted a divorce.  Yet, he has "moral values".  I'm sorry, if you're a liar to your wife, you're a liar...period.  And to blast Clinton for lying when you yourself also lied is a classic example of hypocrisy. 
stuffblackpeoplehate:
"I'm angrier than John McCain on MLK day"

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2007, 11:08:02 AM »

Not particularly.  Actually, I probably wouldn't care today except to the extent that it exposes hypocrisy.  What difference does it make to me who has sex with whom while in office?

No, anyone who watched the news back then knew about this. So your not knowing about this means you didn't keep up with current events. Which is fine - you were a young'un, no one will hate on you for admitting it.

No, I kept up with current events.  But since I had more pressing things on my mind (e.g., learning to drive, passing trig), I only remember those events that stuck out.  This must not have stuck out.

Also, the not-caring-about-sex-scandals argument doesn't work, considering that you just posted a story about a sex scandal, so you obviously care. :)

I find it amusing.  I don't equate that with caring...but perhaps I care enough to be amused?  I dunno.