Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: darned 25%...  (Read 1777 times)

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pinkytrc
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers- drop by, leave a comment!
    • Email
darned 25%...
« on: November 20, 2006, 01:38:20 PM »
I asked this elsewhere, but thought I'd try this thread.  I am applying to Case, here are the #'s:

ME          CASE
3.71        3.57 (75%)
156         157 (25%)- 161 (75%)

Thank god they take the higher score...I also have 3 years at a law firm, an internship with the public defender's office and a 3.94 degree gpa.
What are my chances?  I'm considering retaking the LSAT.  Yes, I know it's in 2 weeks, but I think if I work my ass off I could do it.

Chances?  Opinions?  Thoughts?
Brad Pitt Pic-Sorry guys, your welcome girls!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pinkytrc

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: darned 25%...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 01:45:49 PM »
Your chances are good.

I like the way you think! lol.  Thanks for responding to my other post as well.  I made this one more to the point!  I got yelled at for being unmotivated on the other! lol.

I guess the way I see it is that at the lower end of the LSAT scores you just have to find a way to set yourself apart from all the others?

ptown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 01:55:56 PM »
I think your LSAT is just fine. I think the people here put too much stock in numbers and are more than a little obsessed. You can see my numbers and the schools I'm applying to (click the little world thingy for my LSN) and if I asked the advice of the people here I wouldn't apply to a single one of those schools. But just watch the jaws drop and the "oh but she's a URM so that's why" when I get into a "reach". And if I don't, whatever, I'm still happy because I tried and I know.

but you, I think you'll be just fine.

I think that a lot of people here would actually reccomend that you apply to a lot of highly ranked schools, because of the URM.
Missouri 1L

"I was discriminated against during the college-testing process because I come from a culture that is opposed to filling in circles completely and with firm pressure."

Tuttipoopoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:57:19 PM »
I think your LSAT is just fine. I think the people here put too much stock in numbers and are more than a little obsessed. You can see my numbers and the schools I'm applying to (click the little world thingy for my LSN) and if I asked the advice of the people here I wouldn't apply to a single one of those schools. But just watch the jaws drop and the "oh but she's a URM so that's why" when I get into a "reach". And if I don't, whatever, I'm still happy because I tried and I know.

but you, I think you'll be just fine.

I think that a lot of people here would actually reccomend that you apply to a lot of highly ranked schools, because of the URM.

agreed
Waiting.....

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 02:06:07 PM »
I may be a complete idiot about this, its ok I will accept it, but what does URM stand for?

ms

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
Under Represented Minority

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »
Underrepresented Minority.

Even without URM those stats are pretty likely to be offered admission I would say.

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 02:27:40 PM »
Thanks guys!  And thanks for not yelling at me too, lol.  According to the LSAC calculator I have a 30-40% chance of admission.  I know that thing probably isn't the best to follow- but hey, it's something!  I never did find out if that constituted a "reach" or not.

ptown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 02:50:31 PM »
I saw on your LSN, that you are part native american but were unsure to put that.  You should definatley classify yourself as URM, and I think that with that you have a very realistic chance.
Missouri 1L

"I was discriminated against during the college-testing process because I come from a culture that is opposed to filling in circles completely and with firm pressure."

JellyBelly

• should I wear RED or PLAID??????????????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 04:08:28 PM »
if a schools low end average is 155, does that mean i shouldnt bother applying if i have a 149? ???
i'm no good at math, or the lsat for that matter..