Law School Discussion

$12

$12
« on: November 20, 2006, 09:37:19 AM »
i am so confused by lsac.  can someone shed some light for me on whatever this thing is they talk about that costs $12, but then they tell you not to pay for it yet.  anyone... anyone... ?

Re: $12
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 09:40:34 AM »
That's the Law School Report which must be sent to each school.  Once the school receives your application, they will eventually request your report from LSAC.  LSAC will then send them the report.  It has your grades, LSAT, etc. in sumamry form.  

Just pay for them when you submit your applications.  It says you don't have to until the school actually requests them (I believe) or something of the sort, but by just paying for them up front it will make the process quicker I would imagine.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 09:40:59 AM »
the $12 is for your LSAC report ... in addition to the regular app. fee.  You don't NEED to pay for it right away, but it is easier to.  If you submit an online app. without paying the $12, you will get an email telling you to pay it as soon as the shcool requests your LSAC report.  Paying for it right away just makes life a little easier and gets the report out faster.  You need to pay $12 for each application.

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 11:35:52 AM »
Is there one report included in the fee when you originally register with LSDAS?  Seems like I saw that there was.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 11:43:34 AM »
Wasnt for me at least, but I cant see 12 bucks making that much of a difference anyway

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 12:13:05 PM »
Is there one report included in the fee when you originally register with LSDAS?  Seems like I saw that there was.

I remember seeing that when I registered for LSDAS almost 3 months ago, but when I started submitting apps 2 weeks ago, there were no reports on file. Weird, huh?

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 12:41:51 PM »

I remember seeing that when I registered for LSDAS almost 3 months ago, but when I started submitting apps 2 weeks ago, there were no reports on file. Weird, huh?

Same here.  I am only applying to four schools so I did not want to risk a delay...bought the four instead of asking about the "free" one. 

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 09:51:09 PM »
its fun to look back at your very first post.