Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oh boy- what's a girl to do!!!  (Read 883 times)

ptown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Oh boy- what's a girl to do!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 12:13:04 PM »
I would study hard and go for it, you can still cancel the LSAT up to 24 hrs before iirc.  If you arn't practicing in the 160s I would just cancel.

I think it is worthwhile to take the time to study over the holiday.  I have to go visit my inlaws on thanksgiving, and I am even making my wife drive so I can study on the way (this is a big deal for me because I am very nervous as a passenger in a car, the result of a near fatal accident).  Plus, studying gives me an excuse to make myself scarce when visiting the inlaws ;)

I wish.  But I'm going alone so no such luck.  Hello 8+ hour drive alone!!!

Ok, 8 hrs each way...that sucks.  I don't think I would want to study between that either.  Just means you will have to hit it extra hard when you get back though.  the 50k is worth the shot.
Missouri 1L

"I was discriminated against during the college-testing process because I come from a culture that is opposed to filling in circles completely and with firm pressure."

Lenny

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 12:21:28 PM »
The solution to your problem sounds like it lies in your ability to market yourself to Case.  I don't think that you should retake the LSAT now without doing sufficient warm-up prep work.  So, that said, the question becomes how to best position yourself to get accepted to Case.  I think the answer is that you sit down with the admissions folks at Case and lay it all out for them.  If they accept you, you will come, so thus they aren't hurting their selectivity numbers by letting you in.  Plus, your GPA is very good for them.  Finally, you will not be asking for money from them because you have money coming from somewhere else.  Make yourself more attracive to them.

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pinkytrc
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers- drop by, leave a comment!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 12:42:29 PM »
The solution to your problem sounds like it lies in your ability to market yourself to Case.  I don't think that you should retake the LSAT now without doing sufficient warm-up prep work.  So, that said, the question becomes how to best position yourself to get accepted to Case.  I think the answer is that you sit down with the admissions folks at Case and lay it all out for them.  If they accept you, you will come, so thus they aren't hurting their selectivity numbers by letting you in.  Plus, your GPA is very good for them.  Finally, you will not be asking for money from them because you have money coming from somewhere else.  Make yourself more attracive to them.

Actually the money is coming from them, the scholarship is through them, the donor was just an alumni from my college so she made them give preference to grads.  Luckily for me no one from my school has gone there in the last like 4 years at least- or even applied I don't think!  I have 3 years experience at a law firm and had an internship with the public defenders office, so hopefully that will help.  I honestly feel I have a good chance.  It basically would just make me feel better having a higher LSAT.  So I guess all I can do is practice as best I can next week.  They're median is a 158/159 so I don't need to be too much higher to give myself a really great shot.  I know that after my failed atempt last year, when I came back to it I did much better.  maybe my mind having the time to process it all will make it feel like second nature.
Brad Pitt Pic-Sorry guys, your welcome girls!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pinkytrc