I got accepted into Oklahoma and they want a reply by Dec. 22. To make matters worse, I got a scholarship offer from them, and they want me to commit to that by Dec. 1. Now, I've only heard back from a few of schools and they are all my safety schools. I don't want to commit anywhere until I know what other offers will be put in front of me. How do I handle them?
Dear Ms. Madden,Thank you for the offer of Admission to the University of Oklahoma College of Law. I am excited about the prospect of continuing my education at a quality institution so close to home. I commend your admissions committee for making decisions so quickly in this stressful time period.I understand and respect that you wish to obtain commitments from potential students soon so that you may offer unused spaces to other quality students. Unfortunately, I will not have had enough time or information by December 22 to make a final decision about where I will matriculate. Most other schools have not begun reviewing applications yet, and I have not had the opportunity to visit any law schools yet.I notice that your application deadline is March 15, 2007. I will give you a commitment to attend with the appropriate deposit or a request to withdraw by February 22, three weeks before your deadline for applications. Hopefully this will give you plenty of time to fill my slot should I choose to withdraw. If this is not feasible or if you have any questions about my decision process, please call me at 405-555-1212.Sincerely,scooby21322
You're f-ing adorable.