Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown 1L Taking Questions  (Read 6751 times)

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown 1L Taking Questions
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 12:28:02 PM »
She didn't even answer the previous poster's question.  She gets no love until she gives love to that poster.  F!ck, I'll answer.

Does GULC give out a lot of merit aid? Are they typically in large awards for top top applicants, or do they distribute a lot of smaller awards to more students?

They give out Deans Scholarships, by invitation, acc. to merit.  They vary in amount from what I understand (this is where Lily would come in to clarify).

The Dean's Scholarships by invitation are all the same amount.  They give out varying scholarships based on merit and need once you submit tax forms.
HLS '09

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2007, 12:38:01 PM »
She didn't even answer the previous poster's question.  She gets no love until she gives love to that poster.  F!ck, I'll answer.

Does GULC give out a lot of merit aid? Are they typically in large awards for top top applicants, or do they distribute a lot of smaller awards to more students?

They give out Deans Scholarships, by invitation, acc. to merit.  They vary in amount from what I understand (this is where Lily would come in to clarify).

The Dean's Scholarships by invitation are all the same amount.  They give out varying scholarships based on merit and need once you submit tax forms.

There you go, a clarification/correction (though not from Lily).
Yale.Law.School.2010

Sterling

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2007, 12:47:02 PM »

Dude, chill out.  She's doing you a favor with this thread, she doesn't owe you anything.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2007, 12:59:13 PM »

Dude, chill out.  She's doing you a favor with this thread, she doesn't owe you anything.

I'm being facetious.  I was poking fun at the poster who wanted to bump the thread for Lily.  Clearly we all very much appreciate her willingness to help us out.
Yale.Law.School.2010

lindenksv

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »
Do you know what portion of students invited to apply for the Dean's Scholarship actually get it? How many ppl do they invite to apply?

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2007, 04:39:32 PM »
What is LRAP?

Also, a few questions:
Are there many transfers at Georgetown?

I remember a transfer student telling me in passing that there are about 20 or so each year.  However, I don't know much about the transfer process, so don't quote me on that.

About 80 transfers per year.
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

jimfoolery

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2007, 05:44:46 PM »

I'm being facetious.  I was poking fun at the poster who wanted to bump the thread for Lily.  Clearly we all very much appreciate her willingness to help us out.

Poke fun at me, will you!

Well, this thread is hopping again, which was the goal.  Soon Lily will reappear to enlighten us all, and those who haven't expressed their appreciation may be LEFT BEHIND.
Werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky, scary,
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2007, 05:45:39 PM »
Do you know what portion of students invited to apply for the Dean's Scholarship actually get it? How many ppl do they invite to apply?

I don't know any exact figures (sorry) - maybe Lily does?  I do remember however that on this site a good amount of people were invited to apply (including me) and the vast majority didn't even get past the first round - I think there were two rounds.
HLS '09

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2007, 08:02:05 PM »
Poke fun at me, will you!

Well, this thread is hopping again, which was the goal.  Soon Lily will reappear to enlighten us all, and those who haven't expressed their appreciation may be LEFT BEHIND.

Don't worry, while I may poke fun, I also pray for Mojo on a nightly basis.  You're in good care.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Violet247

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Flower
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2007, 08:04:51 AM »
Do you know what types of (public interest) jobs people have lined up this summer? Any cool human rights NGOs? Do people have a lot of flexibility with location- ie going to New York/California? Thanks!!!