Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ativan  (Read 1001 times)

rukiddin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ativan
« on: November 17, 2006, 10:19:16 AM »
So, I've pretty much been freaking out about the upcoming Dec. 2 since I can't seem to improve my score by even a point, leaving me in the mid150s, and blowing my dreams of top 20 or even top tier law school. So, on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I went to my doctor in the hopes of getting addreall or some other tweak-inducing drug to help me maximize my time. Instead, she told me to "chill the hell out" and prescribed me Ativan. Go figure.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ativan
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 11:06:38 AM »
Aderall wouldn't help you anyway. I've known people who took it and who actually either did the same or worse.

seriouslydog

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 11:23:10 AM »
I've never posted a message like this before. Let me be frank, it's very possible that you've hit your peak. Nobody deserves a great score on the LSAT and few people get them. The fact that you tried to finagle your way into getting a prescription drug, not because you truly need it but because you want an advantage on test day, is pathetic. We are all in the same boat.

disgusted,

s.d.

seriouslydog

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 12:44:32 PM »
So, I've pretty much been freaking out about the upcoming Dec. 2 since I can't seem to improve my score by even a point, leaving me in the mid150s, and blowing my dreams of top 20 or even top tier law school. So, on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I went to my doctor in the hopes of getting addreall or some other tweak-inducing drug to help me maximize my time. Instead, she told me to "chill the hell out" and prescribed me Ativan. Go figure.

posterity

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 06:59:23 PM »
It doesn't help. All Adderall does is help you focus if you have problems focusing.

Just like a previous poster mentioned, maybe you've peaked. People are limited; if they weren't, then intelligence would be moot given enough time to learn something.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
  • The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 08:21:36 PM »
the op didn't give their beginning diagnostic score, how they've studied, how long they've studied, and what resources they've used, so it's a bit presumptuous for eveyone to jump on them saying they've definitely reached their limits...though that is a possibility to consider with more information.

OP: you may want to consider a private tutor, if you can afford one, to help you diagnose your problems.
There foam'd rebellious Logic, gagg'd and bound.                           
            -  Charles Dodgson,  "Lewis Carroll"                               
                         "The Game of Logic"

rukiddin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 02:13:31 PM »
I began studying in August for the September test. I took Princeton Review and numerous practice tests. My score went from a 151 to a 155. I wasn't ready for Septempber, so I postponed until December. Then, I got a private tutor. I took a Powerscore weekend course. I took more practice tests.

I have spent more than 100 hours and nearly $3,000 prepping for this test.

I have never felt so dissapointed in myself in my life. I am a good student, an excellent employee, and I have never thought of myself as "average." Yet average seems to be the best I can do. I went to the Dr. looking for ANYTHING that can help.

I'm desperate.

ProfessorPlum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Georgetown Law 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 03:00:51 PM »
You can still be an incredible attorney without scoring well on the lsat, so don't worry if you aren't performing as well as some people on this board.  Get into a law school, excel there, then transfer to a better school if you're set upon going to a highly ranked school.
hoia saxa

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »
I began studying in August for the September test. I took Princeton Review and numerous practice tests. My score went from a 151 to a 155. I wasn't ready for Septempber, so I postponed until December. Then, I got a private tutor. I took a Powerscore weekend course. I took more practice tests.

I have never felt so dissapointed in myself in my life. I am a good student, an excellent employee, and I have never thought of myself as "average." Yet average seems to be the best I can do. I went to the Dr. looking for ANYTHING that can help.

I'm desperate.

Drugs don't make you smarter.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

seriouslydog

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 10:23:20 PM »

I'm desperate.

I'm sorry you feel desperate, I am. Unfortunately, being a good student has little to do with your LSAT score. I say never give up, keep working at it, but given how much you've prepped, it's possible you may have reached your limit. That's disappointing. Nobody ever wants to hit a limit. We want to believe that we can achieve whatever we put our minds to. But in the end, we all have limits.