Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Tier 3 and 4 a waste of money??  (Read 7888 times)

u r stoopid

• View Profile
Re: Is Tier 3 and 4 a waste of money??
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2006, 11:26:09 PM »
wowieweewow keno. you're awesome.

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pinkytrc
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers- drop by, leave a comment!
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2006, 11:46:16 PM »
No one listened here.  oi.  lol.  I live just outside Cleveland- a big city yes- not NY, but big and we have literally tons of firms here.  I looked at Jones Day- equal grads from t3 CSU and #51 Case.  Jones Day is an international firm.  Not too shabby.  Further, Jones Day and Squires, Sanders- among every other firms- hold interviews on the CSU campus a few times a year.  Yes, those big firms come to you at the little t3.  Moreover, tons of judges in Cleveland and surrounding counties, and a ton of politicians come from the t3.  And I'm not talking about city council members, I'm talking reps in DC.  So please, do not make judgments when you just don't know.
Brad Pitt Pic-Sorry guys, your welcome girls!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pinkytrc

bill612mass

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2006, 12:46:42 AM »
The ABA needs to do something about these t3 and t4 schools, as well as something about posters like Keno.  I think its irresponsible to encourage people to apply to TTT schools when they face such intimindating odds in getting a decent job after graduation.

Obviously there are the ocasional TTT grad at the top jobs and firms.  These people are usually the editor of the TTT Law Review.  Anecdotal stories about "that TTT guy at a v100 " don't compensate for the fact that at least 95% of TTT graduates will never sniff biglaw nor any job that pays well.

Obviously pay isnt the most important things when evaluating success or a job but it isn't something to take for granted.  Not when your TTT costs the same as a t1 school.  If I pay Porsche prices I don't want some piece of crap KIA.
Oh yeah, btw, public interest jobs are competitive as well.  At least the good and interesting ones are.  If you're in NYC, the average TTT JD will probably end up working for ACS making 27 thousand a year.  Which is a damn shame cuz NYC children deserve better attorneys than some average TTT grad.

I have a kia

younghova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2006, 01:04:21 AM »
come on you guys, RenaldoBalkman is obvious a flame who dosn't merit responses. 

he probably leaked over from jdjive. 

RenaldoBalkman

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2006, 01:11:40 AM »

I have a kia

Thats nice, I'm sure you were smart and paid the appropriate price for it.

RenaldoBalkman

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2006, 01:17:45 AM »
come on you guys, RenaldoBalkman is obvious a flame who dosn't merit responses. 

he probably leaked over from jdjive. 

Just because I'm not a fan of TTT's doesnt make me a flame.  You're obviously TTT bound as well.

RenaldoBalkman

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2006, 01:25:40 AM »

But the fact that you have 19 posts, all in this thread, does.

jsia.

Doesn't mean anything except that I have some spare time.

Call me a flame if you want, it doesn't change the fact that going to a TTT is a bad decision.  Especially if you are paying anything close to full tuition.

younghova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2006, 01:49:08 AM »
renaldo isn't even a good flame. most flames are a little more subtle.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2006, 05:48:22 AM »
Some of them are even funny (although I was a bit amused by his monologues yesterday, specially when he created a new "anonymous" user to insult me)... This troll sounds bitter. Maybe he's at a T4 MBA ;)

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2006, 08:47:44 AM »
Wow, I didn't mean to start such a big fight!  But I think I agree with Keno and Pinky - a large part of it depends on how hard you work.  The crap about being a retail manager is just silly - I already have a good career, and whether or not I decide to actually be a lawyer, the law degree will help me move up a lot quicker in my present career. 

This was kind of funny to read  :D
University of Toledo 0L