Law School Discussion

Is Tier 3 and 4 a waste of money??

Re: Is Tier 3 and 4 a waste of money??
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2006, 08:49:29 PM »
The ABA needs to do something about these t3 and t4 schools, as well as something about posters like Keno.  I think its irresponsible to encourage people to apply to TTT schools when they face such intimindating odds in getting a decent job after graduation.

Obviously there are the ocasional TTT grad at the top jobs and firms.  These people are usually the editor of the TTT Law Review.  Anecdotal stories about "that TTT guy at a v100 " don't compensate for the fact that at least 95% of TTT graduates will never sniff biglaw nor any job that pays well.

Obviously pay isnt the most important things when evaluating success or a job but it isn't something to take for granted.  Not when your TTT costs the same as a t1 school.  If I pay Porsche prices I don't want some piece of crap KIA.

Oh yeah, btw, public interest jobs are competitive as well.  At least the good and interesting ones are.  If you're in NYC, the average TTT JD will probably end up working for ACS making 27 thousand a year.  Which is a damn shame cuz NYC children deserve better attorneys than some average TTT grad.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2006, 08:51:16 PM »
The ABA needs to do something about me? Ok, that makes a lot of sense.

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2006, 08:54:49 PM »
Yeah they need to do something about you with all your crap about how t3 or t4 grads can make it with a little hard work. 

You're just as deceptive as all those shady ass TTT schools who encourage people to go to law school just so they can pay tuition and be flunked out.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2006, 08:56:43 PM »
So, you suggest ABA actively censor peer based internet discussion forums?

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2006, 09:03:14 PM »

No, I advocate free speech.

However, I would suggest that they close down the TTT that you attend.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2006, 09:06:07 PM »

I have met kids in elementary school that can argue better than you. Sure this is the business you want to be in?

Yeah, I think Pig summed up how this thread has turned out fairly precisely, time to ignore it and let it die.

« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »

Also, this thread deserves a LOL.

These TTT advocates deserve an even bigger LOL.

« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2006, 09:08:37 PM »

I have met kids in elementary school that can argue better than you. Sure this is the business you want to be in?

Yeah, I think Pig summed up how this thread has turned out fairly precisely, time to ignore it and let it die.

I'll let it die when you stop encouraging people to accept crappy expensive legal educations that will saddle them with tremendous debt and few options to pay it back.

Also, you didn't dispute any of my points.  You just responded with some lame elementary school kid joke.  I see why you're at your TTT now and paying full tuition.

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2006, 09:12:38 PM »
Keno obviously attends a TTT and pays full tuition.

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2006, 09:18:37 PM »
Sure this is the business you want to be in?

Yeah I'm cool with this business, I have my biglaw summer associate position.

What about you?