Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)  (Read 129175 times)

thestradgirl

• LSD Obsessed
  • where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)
« Reply #900 on: December 28, 2006, 04:34:33 PM »
According to LSN, Mich has started sending out rejections  :(

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=BlackCobra122

This profile seems iffy, so take it for what it's worth.
I'll be rooting for my friends still waiting under the desk.

Wow, if his profile is authentic, that is pretty amazing.  That is the type of person that I would definitely like to know.  Giving up a HYS acceptance on principle would be like a drug addict turning away drugs, a starving person turning away food...   or me turning away chocolate :).  Sorry, didn't mean to go off-topic, thanks for posting this link, I've been keeping a close eye on the Michigan's LSN stats but hadn't noticed that one.

If this person is real then his experiment is flawed...why let HYS know your race?  He should have kept it blind if he was doing a real experiment.  Regardless, if he gets into HYS, you best believe he will go regardless of what he proclaims.

Seconded.

I have no idea what this all means.
this guy
------------------------------
I say that good painters imitated nature; but that bad ones vomited it.

Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #901 on: December 28, 2006, 04:34:40 PM »

Wow, if his profile is authentic, that is pretty amazing.  That is the type of person that I would definitely like to know.  Giving up a HYS acceptance on principle would be like a drug addict turning away drugs, a starving person turning away food...   or me turning away chocolate :).  Sorry, didn't mean to go off-topic, thanks for posting this link, I've been keeping a close eye on the Michigan's LSN stats but hadn't noticed that one.

If this person is real then his experiment is flawed...why let HYS know your race?  He should have kept it blind if he was doing a real experiment.  Regardless, if he gets into HYS, you best believe he will go regardless of what he proclaims.

How does this make it flawed?  I think the whole point is he wants to see if he'll get rejected/waitlisted from places like GULC (as he already has) while getting into HYS due to race.

thestradgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 28, 2006, 04:40:44 PM »

Seconded.

That's the cold meds talking.  You will once you read dude's LSN.

Uh.. I still don't get it.

EDIT: All right I just read what he actually wrote. :D
this guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #903 on: December 28, 2006, 04:50:01 PM »

Seconded.

That's the cold meds talking.  You will once you read dude's LSN.

Uh.. I still don't get it.

He's doing an (arguably, possibly flawed) experiment to see if AA will get him into YSH, where he couldn't normally get in given his numbers (and soft factors, thus the nature of the seeming flaw, to me anyway). Should he be admitted, according to him, it will surely be based on race, especially given the fact to other T14s have already rejected him, and, on principle, he will refuse to attend YSH should they accept him, because he thinks AA is a load of bollocks.

MCB and I think that him actually refusing YSH, should he be accepted, is likely a load of bollocks.

Mostly it's here causehe got dinged by Michigan, and we'd yet to hear of Michigan dings in the cycle.

This I have to agree with completely.  If he were actually pass up on HYS on principle alone, he would be a complete imbecile.

thestradgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 28, 2006, 04:51:45 PM »
I'm sorry to have made you type all that.. I did read what he actually wrote seconds later and then got it. Well, what an experiment.
this guy

Lao Wai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 28, 2006, 04:52:39 PM »
Wonder what the HYS adcomm members looking at LSN and this thread will think of his little experiment.   

thestradgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 28, 2006, 04:55:05 PM »
I'm sorry to have made you type all that.. I did read what he actually wrote seconds later and then got it. Well, what an experiment.

No big deal, I really am incredibly bored. :)

Hee hee. You were so nice about it that I almost put it in your recap thread. :D
this guy

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 28, 2006, 06:45:29 PM »
I finally got a chance to look at that link, and really, I have a hard time Michigan has started rejected people, first of all, and second that they would choose someone with a 167 LSAT. It just seems a little odd, since that's in their range, and they're clearly taking the higher score this cycle.

But that poster sure put a lot of time into his profile, so it could be real I guess.

That's exactly why I said the profile was iffy...
Columbia 3L

Boogles04

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 29, 2006, 09:19:10 PM »
Has anyone heard from Michigan without the status checker changing to decision first?  Thanks!

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 01, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »
Interestingly (or maybe not) my status checker has not been updated since December 30th. What does this mean? I have no idea. But the obsession continues...

Mine hasn't either, so I doubt it means anything.
Michigan 2L