Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)  (Read 128774 times)

Kencade

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self tar up only for ASW purposes
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)
« Reply #890 on: December 26, 2006, 12:19:37 PM »
So what does everyone think? Will Michigan be open this week, and accepting more students? Now that we know the status check is automatically updated.

LSN shows decisions being made during the week between Christmas and New Year's last year so hopefully some decisions will be handed out this year this week as well.

anon1111

• View Profile
Michigan Admissions Office is Closed this Week
« Reply #891 on: December 27, 2006, 10:48:55 AM »
The message on their tape says closed through the 2nd.

Kencade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 27, 2006, 11:05:30 AM »
Another day at complete. Is anyone still here with me?

Okay, so I'm getting worried about the worst case scenario, which would be Michigan starts sending out rejections, and that's when the status checker changes to decision. Could be a rejection or an acceptance at that point, and the worry till I get the package might actually do me in. How to not obsess so...obsessively?

I'm still here with you.  Another day under the desk...  Plus I have to start my post-holiday diet so I cannot partake in any of the yummy goodies usually being passed around under the desk.

Kencade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 27, 2006, 11:09:32 AM »
Another day at complete. Is anyone still here with me?

Okay, so I'm getting worried about the worst case scenario, which would be Michigan starts sending out rejections, and that's when the status checker changes to decision. Could be a rejection or an acceptance at that point, and the worry till I get the package might actually do me in. How to not obsess so...obsessively?

I'm still here with you.  Another day under the desk...  Plus I have to start my post-holiday diet so I cannot partake in any of the yummy goodies usually being passed around under the desk.

Ah yes, we may now need to be a diet support group as well. Fruits and veggies all around!!

LOL, great idea.

I just went on LSN and someone posted a Michigan decision for 12/26 so they are still doing some decisions this week.  It's probably one or two lonely adcomm people working so there won't be as many decisions but this gives us hope.  :)

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 27, 2006, 12:21:31 PM »
That probably just means that the person received their package on the 26th. Dang you Americans and your mail delivery on Saturdays and Boxing Day!
A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 28, 2006, 08:39:51 AM »
They're closed until Jan 2nd? I'm sick of checking my status tracker each morning. Maybe they're just taking the phone off the hook so they can go through a bunch of applications before things get crazy again...

What's the turnaround time from the day it changes to 'decision' and the day a letter is received? I think I've read that they mail the letter first.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 28, 2006, 09:32:19 AM »
They're closed until Jan 2nd? I'm sick of checking my status tracker each morning. Maybe they're just taking the phone off the hook so they can go through a bunch of applications before things get crazy again...

What's the turnaround time from the day it changes to 'decision' and the day a letter is received? I think I've read that they mail the letter first.

For me, I went decision on 12/12 and got the package on 12/14

ETA:  On lsn, someone posted as going decision today--so maybe the office isn't closed--technically.
Columbia 3L

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 28, 2006, 02:54:44 PM »
According to LSN, Mich has started sending out rejections  :(

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=BlackCobra122

This profile seems iffy, so take it for what it's worth.
I'll be rooting for my friends still waiting under the desk.
Columbia 3L

Kencade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 28, 2006, 04:25:38 PM »

Wow, if his profile is authentic, that is pretty amazing.  That is the type of person that I would definitely like to know.  Giving up a HYS acceptance on principle would be like a drug addict turning away drugs, a starving person turning away food...   or me turning away chocolate :).  Sorry, didn't mean to go off-topic, thanks for posting this link, I've been keeping a close eye on the Michigan's LSN stats but hadn't noticed that one.

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 28, 2006, 04:27:40 PM »

Wow, if his profile is authentic, that is pretty amazing.  That is the type of person that I would definitely like to know.  Giving up a HYS acceptance on principle would be like a drug addict turning away drugs, a starving person turning away food...   or me turning away chocolate :).  Sorry, didn't mean to go off-topic, thanks for posting this link, I've been keeping a close eye on the Michigan's LSN stats but hadn't noticed that one.

If this person is real then his experiment is flawed...why let HYS know your race?  He should have kept it blind if he was doing a real experiment.  Regardless, if he gets into HYS, you best believe he will go regardless of what he proclaims.
Columbia 3L