Law School Discussion

Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)

Reach

• View Profile
Re: Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2006, 11:56:56 AM »
Does anyone think Michigan will be offering money with these decisions already? I mean, I got one of the 20k emails, but I don't expect the decision to mention finances yet (well, especially if they reject me).  I feel like only Baylor has offered any scholarships at this point...

I'll worry about money and scholarship notifications after I get in, but I did get one of the 20k/yr emails...that just means my fingers will be even more tightly crossed than they otherwise would be for a decision by one of my Big Three.

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2006, 12:06:08 PM »
They might have changed their policy.  I remember reading somewhere on their website that this year, they are not requiring any additional information or application for merit scholarships.  I think it was in the FAQ.

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2006, 12:07:08 PM »
Have 'Decision' on my status check as well.  Thanks for checking Reach, as I had given up on status checkers :D.

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2006, 12:08:24 PM »
They might have changed their policy.  I remember reading somewhere on their website that this year, they are not requiring any additional information or application for merit scholarships.  I think it was in the FAQ.

Oh wow, interesting.  Looks like last year, people started getting acceptances right before Christmas and a Darrow invite email went out to the first batch on December 5.

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2006, 12:10:24 PM »
Congrats! They still haven't requested a report from me. Hehe

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2006, 12:19:28 PM »
Everyone out there still RDers?

My speculation (or delusion) is that they won't announce ED decisions until the 15th or 16th since they would want to give the impression that no ED decisions were made before the complete deadline. 

Of course that idea could be totally blown out of the water if an EDer out there has already received a status change.

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2006, 01:09:10 PM »

From their website:

"All admitted applicants will be considered for merit-based aid, and no separate application is required. If you have additional questions about merit aid, please contact the Admissions Office at 734.764.0537 or by e-mail to law.jd.admissions@umich.edu."

I really like their policy.

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 01:14:24 PM »
THE AGONY!!! still "COMPLETE" :(

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2006, 01:18:43 PM »
I'm ED and haven't gone complete. Sent 10/29. I'm worried because tomorrow is the ED complete deadline. My report should have gone to Mich already. Should I call? :-[

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2006, 01:21:35 PM »
THE AGONY!!! still "COMPLETE" :(

You did notice two things, right?

Last Updated:   Nov 14 2006

and

The Online Status Check system is updated several times a week for your convenience.

It's been updated today.  I doubt they would do two updates in a day.  Check again tomorrow.

Yes  :(