Law School Discussion

Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)

Re: Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2006, 12:10:51 PM »
I'm at decision too!  Says Spring/Summer term, applied for Fall or Summer, so assuming its a summer start offer. 

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2006, 12:16:52 PM »
I'm at decision too!  Says Spring/Summer term, applied for Fall or Summer, so assuming its a summer start offer. 

Before you went to decision, do you remember if it said Spring/Summer also, or Summer/Fall?  I can't remember what mind said, dang it...

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
Pretty sure it said Summer/Fall before, but not 100%.  We'll see in a few days, I guess. 

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2006, 12:32:58 PM »
Any in-staters that are at Decision?

If they start getting letters soon, then we can be fairly sure that ours have actually been sent out. Has anybody considered the possibility that no letters have actually been seent yet?

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2006, 12:36:02 PM »
Any in-staters that are at Decision?

If they start getting letters soon, then we can be fairly sure that ours have actually been sent out. Has anybody considered the possibility that no letters have actually been seent yet?

I have thought about that.  The website only says that a decision has been reached.  Might still be several days before they send out letters, then several days for them to arrive...

wilax3man

• Don't mess with us pal, We're from New York...
    • View Profile
    • LSN! Leave me a message!
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »
Has anyone who got one of those guaranteed $20K a year dealies gone to decision yet?

I have one of those deals, and I am ED...but still at complete...I am somewhat borderline, and I am afraid they may choose not to admit me so they dont have to give me the scholarship....

Not to be repetitive, but it looks like there are no ED ppl who have gone to decision, right?  that's no fun...

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2006, 12:40:06 PM »
Has anyone who got one of those guaranteed $20K a year dealies gone to decision yet?

I have one of those deals, and I am ED...but still at complete...I am somewhat borderline, and I am afraid they may choose not to admit me so they dont have to give me the scholarship....

No offense, but I'm not sure this makes sense.  Can you really see them saying, "Well, we liked this person's numbers and stats enough to offer a scholarship.  But s/he's borderline, so let's not offer admission because we don't want to give that scholarship after all"?  jsia

wilax3man

• Don't mess with us pal, We're from New York...
    • View Profile
    • LSN! Leave me a message!
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2006, 12:42:13 PM »

No offense, but I'm not sure this makes sense.  Can you really see them saying, "Well, we liked this person's numbers and stats enough to offer a scholarship.  But s/he's borderline, so let's not offer admission because we don't want to give that scholarship after all"?  jsia

Yeah, I know it sounds ridiculous, but my numbers are very borderline (3.38, 169)....definitely not scholarship material at UM....I am nervous they might decide they dont want to accept me if they have to give me a big scholarship

Catherine Morland

• the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2006, 12:51:24 PM »
Does anyone think Michigan will be offering money with these decisions already? I mean, I got one of the 20k emails, but I don't expect the decision to mention finances yet (well, especially if they reject me).  I feel like only Baylor has offered any scholarships at this point...

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2006, 12:53:30 PM »
Does anyone think Michigan will be offering money with these decisions already? I mean, I got one of the 20k emails, but I don't expect the decision to mention finances yet (well, especially if they reject me).  I feel like only Baylor has offered any scholarships at this point...

For the big scholarships, I think Michigan waited until spring to offer people to apply.  I'll do some research on last year's thread and report back.