Law School Discussion

Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)

gater

Re: Michigan Status Update: Decision (Nov 14)
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 08:41:48 AM »
For those that had their status changed to decision:
When did you submit apps/when did you go complete?

oldskewlphool

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 08:45:25 AM »
Mine still says complete. Yesterday I got a thing in the mail confirming what I already knew from the online status check, that my application was complete. I was very scared that it was a rejection becuase it came in a very thin envelope.

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 08:49:09 AM »
Yeah, I'm wondering when those who changed to "Decision" got your application received email and when/how you went "complete."  Sorry, I may be a bit behind the game.  I do think that this is probably good news for most of you (though I suspect that most of you know this) so an early congrats!

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 08:52:06 AM »
For those RD's that went complete, were you Summer/Fall, Summer only or Fall only?

I was summer/fall.  Now, the status checker says spring/summer, but I don't remember if it said that before it went to Decision.  Application sent Sept. 6, received email September 18, complete October 11.

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 08:57:52 AM »
Just wondering...is this the first year Mich has used an online status check?  If not, then how did they handle it in previous years?

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 09:06:10 AM »
jd2bee: did you find out about being complete via email or via regular mail?  I'm complete there per online status check, but I haven't gotten anything that informs me that I'm complete.  I did, obviously, get the status checker email. Thanks for your help.  Wait, on second thought, are you proud that you are contributing to the OCD tendencies of a fellow applicant?  You should be ashamed!

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »
jd2bee: did you find out about being complete via email or via regular mail?  I'm complete there per online status check, but I haven't gotten anything that informs me that I'm complete.  I did, obviously, get the status checker email. Thanks for your help.  Wait, on second thought, are you proud that you are contributing to the OCD tendencies of a fellow applicant?  You should be ashamed!

I was notified about completion via regular mail.  I was notified about receipt of application via email.  I'm sure you're fine, if the status checker says you're good.  Perhaps they're transitioning to only using the status checker now, to save postage.

I am very proud of contributing to the OCD of others.  You gotta give back, and I KNOW many have contributed to my OCD.  :)

Catherine Morland

• the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 09:31:55 AM »
Y'all are so helpful. I can reap the benefits of your OCDness without feeling guilty  :)

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2006, 09:36:58 AM »
I applied for Fall only, but I can't fill anyone in on when I went complete because LSN is down.  I know I submitted either late September or early November, but it took like 3 weeks for me to get that famous thin Michigan envelope making my complete status official.

Since several of us have the "Decision" status, I'm sure it's not a fluke.  Last year the first LSN decisions are recorded as 11/21...I'm hoping for a similar -- or earlier -- notification date this year.

Catherine Morland

• the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2006, 09:42:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm wondering when those who changed to "Decision" got your application received email and when/how you went "complete."  Sorry, I may be a bit behind the game.  I do think that this is probably good news for most of you (though I suspect that most of you know this) so an early congrats!

Application received e-mail: October 18
Complete letter: November 6