Law School Discussion

Question for EA applicants

Question for EA applicants
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »
My last lor came in on Friday and I'm a little concerned that although the EA schools with a 11/15 deadline have requested the letter, I'm afraid LSAC will not get it to them in time- how long does it take them to receive a paper copy??

Re: Question for EA applicants
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 11:58:40 PM »
months, if not years. you might as well wait until next cycle.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 06:55:55 AM »
ok, someone else??

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 07:13:49 AM »
It really depends on a few factors, including the location of the school and how quickly each school processes the reports.  Cornell took nearly 2 weeks for me, while Georgetown went complete in about a week.  If the reports were sent out on Friday, I'd guess that them getting to the schools by Wednesday is a bit of a stretch.  However, I don't know how strict the policy is for the EA schools regarding receiving the reports by the 15th.  Perhaps if they request the reports before the 15th and have your other materials, you'll still be OK.  I'm not sure.  To relieve any anxieties, you might want to contact the schools.

Anon  :)

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 07:16:17 AM »
i was concerned about this too so I called the three places I applied EA to and they told me that as long as the LSAC shows they received the letter before the 15th, your EA standing is still good even if they don't receive the letter for a couple of weeks.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 07:17:53 AM »
i was concerned about this too so I called the three places I applied EA to and they told me that as long as the LSAC shows they received the letter before the 15th, your EA standing is still good even if they don't receive the letter for a couple of weeks.

would you mind sharing the schools you contacted?

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 09:27:13 PM »
was penn one of the schools that you contacted ab not being complete yet for EA? thanks!

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 06:56:09 AM »
Penn, BC, and GULC