Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham  (Read 10937 times)

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
Re: Fordham
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 02:43:07 PM »
When I went to the Admitted Student's Day they said they're going to send out a package soon with that info.

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 11:47:45 AM »
Woke up this morning to an e-mail admitting me (FT). I never thought I would get in with a 160/3.3. This is pretty exciting.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 11:56:59 AM »
Woke up this morning to an e-mail admitting me (FT). I never thought I would get in with a 160/3.3. This is pretty exciting.

Wow, that's awesome, congrats!  When did you apply?

Do you have any "special" soft factors?
USD 2010

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »
In at Fordham via email this morning! I'm very excited. :)

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2007, 12:48:46 PM »

urm
Me Go Cornell

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »

Fordham is one of the schools that asks for your language skills on their application. I speak nine languages (various levels of fluency, but at least intermediate level in each) and can write/read four different alphabets, which is my biggest soft factor.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 01:55:58 PM »
Anyone else has been waiting forever to hear anything from Fordham? I am starting to worry :-\

I was.  I have similar stats (+/-) to Keelee.  I withdrew last week though.  They were taking too long.
Columbia 3L

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 02:04:37 PM »
Anyone else has been waiting forever to hear anything from Fordham? I am starting to worry :-\

I was.  I have similar stats (+/-) to Keelee.  I withdrew last week though.  They were taking too long.

I am actually considering Fordham since I would prefer to stay in NYC, and I am being realistic about my chances at NYU and CLS, so I don't want to withdraw. But I am wondering if there is anything seriously wrong with my application that's making the adcomms hesitant (I decided to be honest and listed all of the higher-ranked schools on the list of 'other law schools I was applying to,' and now I think this may be the reason?).

Even if they waitlist you as YP (which I doubt they will); a simple letter stating your actual interest would quickly put you into the admit pile.
Me Go Cornell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 02:53:45 PM »
no i dont think it matters.

i listed all the schools i was applying to, including columbia, harvard, penn, gulc and i was admitted quite quickly.

we have similar lsat, though your gpa is sig higher.

cmickey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 03:08:23 PM »

i have been waiting forever as well... my recs didnt arrive together so i think it might have bumped me back in the lineup for review