Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham  (Read 11075 times)

ricefigaro

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fordham
« on: November 14, 2006, 01:18:46 AM »
In at Fordham full-time. Email dated 11/13.

coffee girl

Re: Fordham
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 12:20:46 PM »
Congrats, ricefigaro!  I got into their pt program on 11/13.  All through the application process, I was confident that this was a good strategy, as i loved the school when i visited and wanted to maximize my chances of getting in.  I'm delighted with the outcome, but am suddenly questioning myself for some reason (shut up, brain!).  I wouldn't have gotten into the ft program, right?

ricefigaro

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 12:32:55 PM »
hmmm...maybe you can write them an email requesting to be switched from PT to FT?

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 12:37:56 PM »
I'm guessing you would have been very borderline coffee girl. Do a great job first semester (or year, dont know Fordhan's policies) and then transfer to the FT program.

coffee girl

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 12:40:14 PM »
ricefigaro, that's an interesting suggestion.  i'm going to mull over that one some more.

KeNo, the borderline issue is why i invoked the pt strategy.  i just wanted reinforcement that that was a shrewd move on my end.

thanks to both of you for the feedback!

Lew31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 08:30:10 PM »
Great job!

coffee girl

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 03:22:23 AM »
okay, i've thought about everything and i've come to the conclusion that my post was very toolish for two reasons:

1. i hijacked your thread, ricefigaro; sorry about that.  your acceptance is awesome!

2. i would be honored to attend fordham, so i'm just going to shut up, go part time and be greatful!    ;D

ananse

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 02:42:05 AM »
okay, i've thought about everything and i've come to the conclusion that my post was very toolish for two reasons:

1. i hijacked your thread, ricefigaro; sorry about that.  your acceptance is awesome!

2. i would be honored to attend fordham, so i'm just going to shut up, go part time and be greatful!    ;D

Congrats ricefigaro!!

Congrats Coffee-girl !!

I know several people going to Fordham part-time and some going full-time, they *all* seem to love it.  Job prospects are awesome in NYC!

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 02:30:49 PM »
I'm a PT 1L at Fordham and loving it so far. You can automatically switch to FT after the first year. You need to take civil procedure that summer, and an additional class one semester (or summer session) before you graduate.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 03:22:33 PM »
You can automatically switch to FT after the first year.
Regardless of your result? I'd imagine that would lead to pretty overcrowded 2L classes?