Law School Discussion

Re: anybody wait-listed at hofstra?

« on: February 11, 2004, 01:40:31 PM »
Actually, I wasn't planning on applying to Yale, but now that you mention it, I realize I should.  After all, I have a perfect GPA and will finish college in only 2.5 years while ya'll slowpokes will take at least 4 WHOLE years!!  Also, my practice LSAT average is over 170 and I have had to overcome a 'disability.'  You see, I have not heard of Hofstra because I have been pestered by NYU, a MUCH BETTER school.

I finished high school a few years early, so I will have to wait to attend NYU Law (I must be 18), but if you want, I can give them a good word about you.   ::)

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 04:04:03 AM »
You are missing the best time of your life.  Why in the world would you rush through undergrad?  Congrats on NYU pestering you.  Despite its ranking, it is easily the best school in New York perhaps the entire tri-state area.  You'll be in classes filled with people who beyond being wildly intelligent are captains of their industries and you my friend will undoubtedly bring absolutely nothing to the table.  Every time you open your mouth to discuss your early graduation, holding down a job at the Gap and Banana Republic, and participating in extracurricular activities you'll further alienate yourself from the people who should be your peers and are Entrepreneurs and VPs on Wall Street.

NYU was one of my best experiences because of the people I met while I was there.  Everyone in the school will be just as if not much smarter than you and the 4.0 that you achieved at XX college wont be quite as easy.  You'll see. You have to leave your attitude at the door because you're not going to impress the 9 people in your section who scored 180 with your 177.  It just doesn’t matter.

Another word to the wise, buy a book on NY schools.  They're all great and for the most part compete for the same positions.  You may want to slow down on the negativity towards Hofstra, A SOLID JD program, as it is likely that you'll interview with or be taught by one of its graduates.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 12:33:51 PM »
Pre-Law,
Speak for yourself, I will graduate college in 3 years or less. So not everyone (exculding yourself) has to take 4 years to graduate FYI.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 06:19:01 PM »
You don't have to, but I'm glad I stretched out my last year, when I could have graduated early.  Either way, college should be an experience, whether it takes 3 yrs or 4.

Ivy_Hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 04:44:15 PM »
You don't have to, but I'm glad I stretched out my last year, when I could have graduated early.  Either way, college should be an experience, whether it takes 3 yrs or 4.
Personally, I plan to stretch out my last semster in order to allow more room for studying the LSAT and the applications process. I may reconsider this depending on my situation when it arises.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 07:20:55 PM »
Sounds like a good plan, although, make sure you stretch it out for extra fun too!  You'll be glad you did when you get your first nine to five.

Ivy_Hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 12:20:46 AM »
I will keep the [glow=navy blue,2,300]fun[/glow] factor in mind
I couldn't resist ;D

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 11:41:03 AM »
Prelaw-undergrad:

It would be interesting to know who or what hurt you so badly in the past that has caused you to have such a shameful :-[ attitude. You sound like a wrecklessly ambitious, angry person who is (if a male) overcompensating for a serious problem, or (if a female) eternally PMS-ing.  It is so rude to mock someone else just because you consider their law school of choice inferior to yours. I've read some of your posts.  I'm sorry that you've had to overcome a disability, and I am happy for you that you have been able to rise above it.
  Take it from someone older-- It dosen't matter how smart you are, or if you made a 180 on the LSAT. Your attitude makes you sound like DAMAGED GOODS!!  :-[