Law School Discussion

AF JAG summer advice

AF JAG summer advice
« on: November 13, 2006, 04:23:13 PM »
Well there seem to be a lot of people who seem to have very helpful information about the different JAG programs, how to get in, etc. But I have a little different question. I was fortunate enough to get selected for the AF JAG summer program this summer, and am trying to pick between three bases. I am looking for any advice on either Davis AFB in Tucson, HQ in DC (didn’t say the name) or Schriever AFB. They did say that I would have more exposure to the MCJ at Davis – apparently they are more “exciting” while I would get to work with more higher ups in DC but be in one section and not really know what being a base legal officer would entail (where I assume I will spend my first years).

Easy Choice
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 06:42:04 PM »
Aaron,

I am an Air Force JAG (11 years) and I would strongly recommend you go to DC.  You'll learn a lot more about the JAG Corps there than you will at either D-M or Schriever.  The exposure you will get in DC is just too good to pass up (in my opinion).

You want to know what a JAG does in his/her first tour? .... just ask one!  You don't have to go to the middle of the desert in the summer to find that kind of information.

Best of luck to you!