Law School Discussion

Good News For You Guys!

Good News For You Guys!
« on: November 13, 2006, 01:08:17 PM »
After reading that letter of rec's are taking forever to post, I had mine sent with delivery confirmation.

It arrived on 11/10 (via USPS) and was posted today.

Hopefully this will calm some nerves.

:)

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: Good News For You Guys!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 02:38:09 PM »
I'm not sure how quickly my first two letters of rec were processed, though I suspect it was pretty quickly since they were sent over the summer when volume is low.  My third rec took about 3 weeks to be processed from the time it was mailed, and it only takes about 2 days at most for things sent from my college to get to the LSAC (my college and the LSAC HQ are both in PA).  My first two recs probably took less time to be sent and processed than my last, even though the first two were sent from profs I had on an entirely different continent!  This goes to show how getting materials in early helps a lot with the speediness of the whole process.  So to those of you still waiting, don't worry, your materials will get processed eventually.  There's no way to speed it up, it just happens when it happens. 

smile

• 168/3.5
    • View Profile
    • For the love of God, someone accept me!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 09:01:31 PM »
I am quite ignorant of the workings of USPS.  Is there a way to pre-pay for delivery confirmation so I can just give the envelope to my recommender or would it would require me to be the one to mail the letter?

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 10:38:03 PM »
Yes, you can. I also forgot to mention that mine were sent by priority mail. Maybe this causes LSAC to process it faster?

Im regard to delivery confirmation....

Priority mail costs $4.05... add an extra 50 cents via stamps... and then attatch a delivery confirmation barcode. (green slip)

You then keep the other portion of the slip and check it via usps site.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 10:40:22 PM »
I'm sure you can prepay.  Just ask at the post office.  The only thing is that you'll need to know how heavy the envelope is beforehand, so bring a few sheets of paper (5 to be safe) so that the envelope can be weighed with them, then give the envelope to your recommenders.