Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Tech  (Read 12637 times)

becky

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Tech
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2007, 11:04:04 AM »
Sorry, coming in a little late, but I have decided on Tech.  I actually already moved to Lubbock... wanted to get settled in before my life is consumed by law school.  Anyone else have any plans to visit or know when you are moving?

Cube Farmer

• Sr. Citizen
  • The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2007, 01:50:49 PM »
Wow: already moved.  :o  Good for you; I wish I could be even half as decisive. Deciding where to attend would certainly be a step in the right direction.
In: Texas Tech ($), Tulsa ($$$); South Texas ($); Baylor; SMU
Waitlist: Oklahoma; Houston; Denver
Rejection: Texas; Georgetown; Harvard; Colorado; Northwestern; ASU;

smack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2007, 04:39:37 PM »
I relocated to Lubbock on Memorial Day.  Lubbock is ok.  I am so happy to wake up to 56 degree mornings.  Yesterday, it was 11 am and 67 degrees.  Very unlike San Antonio's morning saunas.  Also everyone here is really friendly.  My neighbors already came over and introduced themselves.

California_RedRaider

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2007, 08:39:28 PM »
Hi future Techsans...

Tech is an amazing school! As i'm sure you know they have great job placement in Texas, warm, welcoming, and also a very hands-on practical approach. The various mock trial porgrams that Tech has are nationally reknown and awarded. You'll like it here. The campus is gorgeous, though you'll be at the Law school, the rec center is right across the ways and it's incredible. By 2008 they plan on building next to the rec center a leisure pool/waterfall, lazy river and all. Football/B-ball games=amazing and crazy fun. Also the law school just got a lot of money, i want to say close to 2 mil to revamp, etc. They're currently in the process of building like a mock court room or something amazing like that...

Lubbocck is a good place to study and focus.The weekends can be real fun if you want it to be and at the same time quiet...

Thursdays: as i'm sure you'll find out is college night at the clubs...
Friday/Saturday: just crazy... :)

Daquiri Lounge/Bash's/South Beach (others but can't really remember): Hip Hop
Wild West/Club Rodeo (others not too important): country with mixes of hip hop
Heaven/there's another i can't remember: Gay bars...

3 Humongoes wal marts/ 2 horrifyingly huge targets/a hidden Big K/ South Plains Mall/movies/drive-in/lots on lots of places to eat...amazing ice cream places (sheradins (sp) is amazing) ya'll are pretty set.

Okay, that's my little speech for the day... i was just bored.... :)

Good Luck in law school. And if we ever happen to bump into one another in the future... cool beans!

lawraider

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2007, 05:29:20 PM »
I know the law school has received/is spending over 13 million on the addition.  If you are interested in a career in criminal law we hired a world renowned criminal theory professor with the help of a 4 mil endowment last year, have the oldest innocence project in TX and I believe we are still ranked in the top 20 for our trial advocacy program.  My crim law professor was also fantastic and I have several friends in the crim law student organization.

TX06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2007, 05:30:10 AM »
If anyone has questions, feel free to send me a private message on here and I'll get an email letting me know I have a message waiting. I don't otherwise check this board.
I'm a rising 2L and am working at a firm over the summer, so if you have any questions about Tech, finding jobs, or Lubbock in general, shoot me a message.
Good luck to all of you. Tech is a great place to be.

smack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2007, 09:38:12 PM »
Anyone going to Tech get their section assignments?

becky

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »
I have my assignment.  I am in section 2.  Anyone else?

smack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2007, 06:51:03 AM »
I'm in section 3, with a 8 am class...ugh.